Anthony Mantha vs Josh Anderson

Mantha vs Anderson

• Total voters

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Depends what you're looking for. Even if Mantha is a big dude, they really don't play the same game.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
When both players are 'on': Mantha is more of a 1st liner whereas Anderson is a 2nd line complimentary guy that will punch your face in.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I think Mantha might hit another level off that shitty team when he settles in.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I think Mantha might hit another level off that shitty team when he settles in.

I think he's already showed that another level with Detroit over the past few years.. it just hasn't been there consistently. Maybe he can fix that in Washington.

But yeah as much as i like Anderson, player who any team would love to have, Mantha is the better talent.

Reactions: Crow

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’d take Mantha for sure on the Caps, we already have Wilson who is better than Anderson on all fronts.

Lol no.

Wilson can stay healthy so I'd prefer him for that reason but when Anderson is healthy he's better. Better shot and just a smarter player overall.

He scored 27 goals on the Jackets checking line, with almost no PP time. Tom Wilson never came close to 20 goals before getting placed with elite players. He was a 7 goal man.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I haven't watched enough Mantha to answer this poll. How is Manthas effort level and how is he defensively?

His D metrics are good, good player, but the effort level has been a frequent topic for years with Mantha.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Lol no.

Wilson can stay healthy so I'd prefer him for that reason but when Anderson is healthy he's better. Better shot and just a smarter player overall.

He scored 27 goals on the Jackets checking line, with almost no PP time. Tom Wilson never came close to 20 goals before getting placed with elite players. He was a 7 goal man.

Tom Wilson dominates all over the ice, he's an absolute terror on the forecheck. You watch the 2018 Cup run, and it's Wilson just causing mayhem and punishing the other team's defense. No one's really scared of a Josh Anderson, but the other players are definitely scared of Wilson.

Wilson is always healthy and opens up a ton of space for Ovechkin on that top line as a playmaker and by driving to the net.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Tom Wilson dominates all over the ice, he's an absolute terror on the forecheck. You watch the 2018 Cup run, and it's Wilson just causing mayhem and punishing the other team's defense. No one's really scared of a Josh Anderson, but the other players are definitely scared of Wilson.

Wilson is always healthy and opens up a ton of space for Ovechkin on that top line as a playmaker and by driving to the net.

This makes me think you don't actually watch both players.

They have nearly the exact same effect when they start running around hitting people. No one would say "no one's really scared of a Josh Anderson" if they were paying attention. He's been getting the Tom Wilson comparison for a very long time. "Yes, every team would love to have a Tom Wilson. And the Blue Jackets have one, whether he wants to admit it or not."

The principle difference between the two isn't physicality or speed, that's where they are both 10/10. It's Anderson's shooting ability and Wilson's ability to stay healthy.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
This makes me think you don't actually watch both players.

They have nearly the exact same effect when they start running around hitting people. No one would say "no one's really scared of a Josh Anderson" if they were paying attention. He's been getting the Tom Wilson comparison for a very long time. "Yes, every team would love to have a Tom Wilson. And the Blue Jackets have one, whether he wants to admit it or not."

The principle difference between the two isn't physicality or speed, that's where they are both 10/10. It's Anderson's shooting ability and Wilson's ability to stay healthy.

Sorry, I was busy watching Wilson make a gorgeous no look pass to Kuznetsov just now. Wilson and Anderson went head to head in the past and Wilson won every time.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Sorry, I was busy watching Wilson make a gorgeous no look pass to Kuznetsov just now. Wilson and Anderson went head to head in the past and Wilson won every time.

You've already made it plain that you don't know Anderson's game so don't expect anyone to listen to you in this thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad