Recalled/Assigned: Anthony Mantha recalled

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Habs are quite a feisty bunch at their home. Hope he is ready to win some battles tomorrow.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
5 min **** 4th line and does nothing. I hope I'm wrong I just don't trust Blash any more.

They've been saying since forever they're not calling him up to play on the 4th line. AA was on the 3rd line. I don't see any reason to think Months won't be at least top9. I think maybe even he'll replace Bert in the top6 and Bert will drop down to the third.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Nice to see him,playing finally but not under these circumstances. I hope AA recovers quickly. As for Montreal be interesting to see what he can do against them. I hope he can get one on Price.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I think Mantha is going to be a good player, but extremely overrated. I doubt he reaches Franzen's level, but will be just as frustrating... and probably more often. I don't think he's the saviour.

But then again, what do I know.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
5 min **** 4th line and does nothing. I hope I'm wrong I just don't trust Blash any more.

Why don't you trust Blash with giving Mantha minutes? All Blash has shown me this season in his usage of AA is that if you're play poorly you will not see the ice as much (first few games), but if you're playing well you'll see 13-15 minutes a game. Lil Bert is a perfect player to add to Ott and Glenny in this situation. He's starting the kid on the second line and powerplay unit.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I think Mantha is going to be a good player, but extremely overrated. I doubt he reaches Franzen's level, but will be just as frustrating... and probably more often. I don't think he's the saviour.

But then again, what do I know.

Franzen's level was pretty high before the injuries ravaged him. Franzen was a very dominating offensive player for a stretch after his break out and before the injuries kicked in.

One of our biggest problems the last two years and change is we have really missed Franzen.

He might be the target for things I agree, but Franzen was an unfair target almost all the time, I hope Mantha is similar to him in that regard if he does become a target of criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad