Player Discussion Anthony DeAngelo (Mod warning in OP and post 197. READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
It's probably unfair of me, but I honestly don't remember having as difficult a time cheering for any other Ranger. Hopefully the kid matures and becomes an impactful NHLer for us, but I have a hard time investing myself in his development.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Is DeAngelo struggling in AHL - I don`t watch their games so hard to follow his development?

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Is DeAngelo struggling in AHL - I don`t watch their games so hard to follow his development?

Based on what I saw tonight, I'd say he's too busy pouting to have time to struggle. He needs a wake-up call/intervention, because if he would just play the way he did on those two powerplays, he would be an amazing addition to the NHL team.

Reactions: Ori

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
Sounds like he still has some growing up to do.I hope it happens soon.We could really use him in our top 6.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
It sounds like he needs a roommate, somebody who's played several years in the big leagues, to help show him how to be a pro. All respect to Graves and the rest of the Hartford Dmen, but he needs a proper vet

1Knee1T

Jun 29, 2008
It sounds like he needs a roommate, somebody who's played several years in the big leagues, to help show him how to be a pro. All respect to Graves and the rest of the Hartford Dmen, but he needs a proper vet

011613_redden.jpg

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
What did he do?

I assume they're referring to his general douchebaggery...

Which is amusing where we draw the line, since we had so many Avery fanboys during his time here. I figure if he actually succeeds people won't have any problem with him.

smoneil

Jul 14, 2004
Arkansas
Not sure I'd draw too many conclusions from one person's eye-test at one AHL game.

That said, if ADA does bust, the only person who should be surprised is Jeff Gorton.

Definitely. I said from the outset that it was just one game. That said, he was magic on those 2nd period power plays... The issue, on that one night, seemed to be all attitude.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
While I completely agree if he's down there pouting instead of doing his best to get the call-up, that's immature and ridiculous of him, but I can understand it to a degree because there is ZERO reason he should be in the AHL right now. First of all the Rangers aren't good enough for AV to be so worried about his potential mistakes costing them games or points in the standings, which is very rarely on one guy anyway. Second at the very least he would be a huge improvement for the 2nd PP unit and fine getting limited 3rd pairing minutes. Holden hasn't been terrible outside of a few gaffs, but he hasn't been so good it should keep ADA in the AHL. Kampfer, that's not even a discussion worth having, but Holden should be the 7th D.

Again, this doesn't excuse his behavior in any case.

Reactions: EpicDing

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'll just say this, when McDonagh left school as a Junior people were claiming he was NHL ready. He wasn't. He needed some seasoning time in the AHL. In his time there, there were countless reports of him being just okay, and not sticking out or playing all that well. He played about half a season and then came up and never looked back.

All I am saying is reports from the AHL aren't always the only piece of information we should be looking at.

He is an extremely talented kid with a chip on his shoulder. Good. I think this team needs more guys like that. Guys who take it personally when they do poorly and play with intensity.

I am sure we will see him again this season.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
I'm getting the impression that his behavior is the sole reason he is in HFD, and has for the most part only found short term NHL minutes to date.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I'm getting the impression that his behavior is the sole reason he is in HFD, and has for the most part only found short term NHL minutes to date.

It's the style of play he plays. He plays a game where he wants to make plays and at times that can hurt him. The problem is that too many NHL coaches see a single mistake with the puck and bench kids like this. They lean on the guy who doesn't make the glaring mistake because when he has the puck on his stick, he just flings it to safe area. What happens from there is inconsequential to the coach as if they're scored on, it's not that defenseman's fault. It's utter rubbish.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I assume they're referring to his general *****ebaggery...

Which is amusing where we draw the line, since we had so many Avery fanboys during his time here. I figure if he actually succeeds people won't have any problem with him.

Yeah, it's definitely a two-way street.

I loved the elite pestiness that Avery brought on the ice, and I loved having him on the team, but the off ice stuff was a bit of a turnoff.

Hopefully ADA finds a way to be as effective (or more) at the NHL level and we can have a similar love/hate relationship with him while he puts up points and helps win us games!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
ADA smiled during the first period...don't worry guys that confirms he doesn't have an attitude problem and is a really good guy. Put the pitchforks away!

I mean we are basing a lot off one persons opinion of him "pouting" during one period right? So I guess this evens it out.

Reactions: Vinny DeAngelo

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
ADA smiled during the first period...don't worry guys that confirms he doesn't have an attitude problem and is a really good guy. Put the pitchforks away!

I mean we are basing a lot off one persons opinion of him "pouting" during one period right? So I guess this evens it out.

Yeah, or a history of being a dumbass with other organizations. Theres that too.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I wish this guy would get recalled. I can't stand watching how immobile our defense is. Especially Staal, no reason for him to be in the lineup.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad