Another semi-pro league coming?

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
I occasionally find myself perusing the job openings section of American Hockey Coaches Association. Job Openings - American Hockey Coaches Association

Posted on it is this:
South Shore Savages Hockey - Head Coach / General Manager

The South Shore Savages semi-professional hockey team based out of Pembroke, MA are seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the head coach and general manager. The South Shore Savages are proud members of the new North Eastern Hockey League with play beginning in the fall of 2023-2024.

Details:

Pay: Commission
Hours: Part-Time / Weekends and some weekdays
Housing is not included. Local candidates are preferred.

You may be asked to handle tasks outside of coaching and managing duties as well.

If interested, please send a brief message as well as your resume to [email protected]

Google has nothing on any South Shore Savages team.
Google has nothing on any North Eastern Hockey League.
So does anyone have any news on it? Considering they're using a Gmail account, I would be shocked if anyone did.

In other news, I am now taking bets on if this league ever plays a game. Well... at least if it gets closer than that Western Semi Pro League.

Reactions: Atlantian

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
I hope you're being sarcastic...

Manchester, NH is a former AHL and ECHL market. At the very least, it should get a NAHL team. It should stay nowhere near a beer-league level semi-professional league.

Pembroke, MA and Manchester, NH shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...

Maybe the Fitchburg Trappers and Pinebridge Bucks can return in this new league!

CANADIENSFAN90

Oct 1, 2016
vermont
I hope you're being sarcastic...

Manchester, NH is a former AHL and ECHL market. At the very least, it should get a NAHL team. It should stay nowhere near a beer-league level semi-professional league.

Pembroke, MA and Manchester, NH shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...
Ok maybe another league should try Manchester I refuse to believe Manchester is that bad that it should never get another hockey team

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I propose we all chip in as one ownership group . We can all own our very own Pro hockey team! :5:
As long as you're the person who bought the winning Mega Millions ticket in Maine last week, count me in for the postage to send in our NEHL ownership application. :yashin:

Reactions: Roadhog and mk80

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
As long as you're the person who bought the winning Mega Millions ticket in Maine last week, count me in for the postage to send in our NEHL ownership application. :yashin:
You should read the ad more closely - somehow, you can be a "team owner" but aren't required to make any personal investment of capital... which is fantastically suspicious.

Reactions: Roadhog and mk80

battra

Oct 24, 2017
I propose we all chip in as one ownership group . We can all own our very own Pro hockey team! :5:
Can't cost more than fifty bucks each right?

You should read the ad more closely - somehow, you can be a "team owner" but aren't required to make any personal investment of capital... which is fantastically suspicious.
No, it's not suspicious.

IT'S FLIPPIN' AWESOME!!!

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Exactly why I think we should buy in, they help raise the funds for us! It's too good to be true!

Sadly the mega millions has eluded me again

• Wow
Reactions: JMCx4

bs52

Jan 18, 2023
St. Louis

Attachments

• 26A1E8B8-96C4-4BF3-9AE1-BADE89294356.jpeg
    26A1E8B8-96C4-4BF3-9AE1-BADE89294356.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Wow
Reactions: JMCx4 and Roadhog

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
So I just so happened to come across this on the Book of Faces: Pittsburgh River Monsters Hockey Club

Seems like we may have our first confirmed (?) team in the upcoming (?) NEHL with the Pittsburgh River Monsters. A bit of an homage of the Cleveland Monsters, to put it politely. Seems they'll be trying to get a lease at one the rec rinks around Pittsburgh's suburbs, and they're currently recruiting players, but that's the extent of the details available.

But there's a hidden bonus here. They shared a link to a Google form for interested players, and it appears to reveal the NEHL's intended franchise locations.

See the attached screenshot and let's spiral this discussion out of control.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230425-180815~2.png
    Screenshot_20230425-180815~2.png
    172.9 KB · Views: 31
Reactions: Roadhog and JMCx4

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... But there's a hidden bonus here. They shared a link to a Google form for interested players, and it appears to reveal the NEHL's intended franchise locations.

See the attached screenshot and let's spiral this discussion out of control.
The first seven (at least) presumed team locations reveal that either: (a) those cities are simply places that the organization (?) has identified to set up recruiting hubs for tryouts; or (b) the organizing (?) staff (?) started spring break early when their 4th grade (?) Geography class covered what "North Eastern" meant in the U.S..

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
The first seven (at least) presumed team locations reveal that either: (a) those cities are simply places that the organization (?) has identified to set up recruiting hubs for tryouts; or (b) the organizing (?) staff (?) started spring break early when their 4th grade (?) Geography class covered what "North Eastern" meant in the U.S..

Well, you're obviously thinking too small for our NEHL visionaries. According to their Futue (sic) Markets page, they'll have the continent fully subdued by this time next year:

After our successful inaugural campaign, the NEHL plans to double in size, adding a completely separate 20 team circuit in the western United States, with teams ranging from Texas in the south, Wyoming and Alaska in the North and California and Arizona in the West.

We do not plan on working with existing semi-pro teams out in the West, but rather build teams the same manner we built our franchises in the East.

Teams throughout the entire league will play a regional heavy schedule, with teams still being able to visit and host one team from each conference.

At this rate, by 2025 I'd expect them to have moved their troops across the Bering Strait with a stranglehold over Kamchatka, preparing their inevitable conquest of Asia.

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
I think the NEHL will be great. Since the FPHL has been successful the proposed NEHL will make sure the FPHL ups their game.

cynicalcitizen

Feb 6, 2014
Damn cynics! All you need is a couple of signatures and you are good to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad