Post-Game Talk: Another Point down the drain (2-1 OT Loss to Avs)

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Quote from Roy:

"We were buzzing and I thought that was the right time; they had the line (Ryan Carter-Stephen Gionta-Steve Bernier) that I thought would be the best for us to score the goal, so why wait?" Roy said. "We might as well know right away, especially when you're putting on that pressure."

Not so much that Deboer had the 4th line out to defend the lead but more Roy pulling the goalie earlier than he expected.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do teams practice during the olympic break? It's been a while, I forgot.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Quote from Roy:

"We were buzzing and I thought that was the right time; they had the line (Ryan Carter-Stephen Gionta-Steve Bernier) that I thought would be the best for us to score the goal, so why wait?" Roy said. "We might as well know right away, especially when you're putting on that pressure."

Not so much that Deboer had the 4th line out to defend the lead but more Roy pulling the goalie earlier than he expected.

Which is just as I said in the other thread, plus the line was already on an extended shift

Great coaching move

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
If Pete needs two top 10 scorers, Zach Parise, and a fluke 30 goal scorer in Clarkson to be successful then I'm sorry your success is not drawn only from your coaching and not many teams can offer you that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I really hope that Roy quote (assuming it's accurate and he was talking about having the line he wanted on the ice meaning our line as opposed to his scoring line) gets plastered in Lou and Pete's offices tomorrow.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Quote from Roy:

There goes my spastic colon again. Have to take another DeBoer.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I really hope that Roy quote (assuming it's accurate and he was talking about having the line he wanted on the ice meaning our line as opposed to his scoring line) gets plastered in Lou and Pete's offices tomorrow.

Gulitti:
"Those guys weren't out there with 2 mins to go. It was almost 4 and couldn't get off the ice."

"4th line and D pair of Harrold and Merrill got stuck out there for nearly 2 minutes before tying goal. Carter was only one able to change"

I don't think you can pin it on Pete if those guys are out there at the 4 minute mark, and then just can't get out and only Merrill and Carter change.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Gulitti:
"Those guys weren't out there with 2 mins to go. It was almost 4 and couldn't get off the ice."

"4th line and D pair of Harrold and Merrill got stuck out there for nearly 2 minutes before tying goal. Carter was only one able to change"

I don't think you can pin it on Pete if those guys are out there at the 4 minute mark, and then just can't get out and only Merrill and Carter change.

A better line would'nt have gotten pinned, and would have been able to clear the puck and get a change.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
A better line would'nt have gotten pinned, and would have been able to clear the puck and get a change.

Because Damian Brunner or Michael Ryder would be so much better defensively. Actually, it was Ryder who threw the puck away and gave Duchene the breakaway with 30 seconds left.

Mory Schneideur*

One thing these teams also do is create havoc and scrambles in front of our net for an extended period of time. It should be us doing that on the other end the final 2 minutes.

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
He said they had the line, not we, so I'm assuming it has to be about our line.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

They're hardly the only line on this team that has issues getting the puck out of their own end though. Thats what happens when most of your forwards are grinders.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
btw supposedly we had 14,213 attendance...how many people were actually there and how were the roads/trains?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There goes my spastic colon again. Have to take another DeBoer.
Now that is called a deuceboer!
Oh - any links to the post game interviews? I'm interested in what Jagr and Cory have to say about this.
They were posted in the GDT in the last few pages I think.

I don't even wanna watch Cory's, I'll get disgusted.

Sarge18

Feb 17, 2007
btw supposedly we had 14,213 attendance...how many people were actually there and how were the roads/trains?

Maybe 9,000? Roads and trains were running fine but the sidewalks around the arena were awful. It's pretty damn icy out there now.

Mory Schneideur*

With all their scoring chances jersey's team should have buried the avs not happy about this loss .

Makes no sense to me how a team can have all these chances all year long & still never, ever, ever score.

Incharge1976

Mar 4, 2011
They could get finish the season with more OT losses than Reg losses if they keep this up.

Mory Schneideur*

They could get finish the season with more OT losses than Reg losses if they keep this up.

That might be a good thing considering the right race, unless we play EC teams. Cory has only given up 2 reg Ls in Jan which is great! But we have to watch who we give those point to. COL is fine, but if this was one if our division games, yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad