Post-Game Talk: Another Paverage Game Jets lose 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I just threw the second line thing out there, basically I would like to see him play with better players than what he had the first time.

Lippon was playing with those guys. That's most likely where the callup will play, with Copp & Hali

Are you talking about splitting up Perreault Burm Dano?

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Just got back home from the game.

Was a fun night despite the loss as I went out with some fantastic people - saddledome was pretty quiet imo.

Ain't even mad about the loss.

jets owned them in general play but lost in terms of the scoreboard.

This team will click eventually. And it's gonna be great when it happens.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015

Was a fun night despite the loss as I went out with some fantastic people - saddledome was pretty quiet imo.

Clickt :sarcasm: during the 2016 2017 season :nod::handclap::nod::handclap::nod::handclap::nod:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Agreed, just got back, Jets owned the game for the most part. A bit lazy creatively but controlled possession a great deal. Top line lacked cohesion much of the night, Stafford was brutal in that phase.
Pav was stupid bad, thought Postma had a decent game.

Crowd was quiet for some reason lost their **** on the 4th goal with 3 seconds left?........very weird.

Lots of good signs lately.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Give Comrie a game as a reward for suffering through this moose season/ see what he can do. We're seeing what all our young players can do this season

Hutch probably just had the Flu

Last edited:

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Seriously, who gives a **** at this point? Give him another go.

The reason I don't want to break up the PBD line is because we're getting a real good look at Dano, who looks to have found some chemistry on that line. Plus Burmi finally seems to be finding his game there.

Both are pretty damn valuable things I'd prefer not to mess with. Not because I care if we win games now. But because this is important player development for the future. And also because management needs to make roster and line decisions for next year. Observing their play now will factor into these decisions.

I would like to see Petan again, though.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
lolololol

CduU4_SUUAAJ5Kn.jpg

:facepalm: #buyoutpavelec

Wow, Tank Commander indeed.

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
We desperately need a NHL coach and a NHL goalie, until then this team is ****ed!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Probably the 2nd most important night of the season for the hockey gods to be on our side and they came through in flying colors.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Anyone catch PMo's presser before game? Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere but thought it was interesting when he was asked about Dano, he said "I don't wanna use the word amature, but he needs to get used to being an everyday NHLer"
He was referring to his skating, I thought this was a good analogy actually, Ive noticed that Dano seems to float at times during his shifts and Pmo explained it well that he needs to play the entire shift, every shift and then he'll be fine. He still said he likes him but just thought that was interesting. I too like Dano but that's the one area I noticed he needs work in so when I heard it I thought it matched my eyes. Maybe that's why Quenville had it out for him?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Anyone catch PMo's presser before game? Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere but thought it was interesting when he was asked about Dano, he said "I don't wanna use the word amature, but he needs to get used to being an everyday NHLer"
He was referring to his skating, I thought this was a good analogy actually, Ive noticed that Dano seems to float at times during his shifts and Pmo explained it well that he needs to play the entire shift, every shift and then he'll be fine. He still said he likes him but just thought that was interesting. I too like Dano but that's the one area I noticed he needs work in so when I heard it I thought it matched my eyes. Maybe that's why Quenville had it out for him?

As I've been saying since Dano joined the Jets, he needs to improve his quickness and conditioning to be a solid NHLer. He'll need to work on that in the off-season and come to came quicker / faster and fitter.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
As I've been saying since Dano joined the Jets, he needs to improve his quickness and conditioning to be a solid NHLer. He'll need to work on that in the off-season and come to came quicker / faster and fitter.

He was a product of Columbus. Torts was not impressed with the team conditioning when he arrived there. I wonder if there's anything to that. I'm sure Dano will get to try the famous beep test and assimilated into Jet culture.

I think Wheeler mentioned in his post game remarks that there were some "long shifts" in the 1st oeriod. In some ways that is related to the inexperience these guys have. Short and intense is desirable

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
He was a product of Columbus. Torts was not impressed with the team conditioning when he arrived there. I wonder if there's anything to that. I'm sure Dano will get to try the famous beep test and assimilated into Jet culture.

I think Wheeler mentioned in his post game remarks that there were some "long shifts" in the 1st oeriod. In some ways that is related to the inexperience these guys have. Short and intense is desirable

Pmo also said is his pre gamer that the young guys get 20 games to learn how to be pros, many things apply there.
Too bad they can't learn from the best #5 :naughty:

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Two things Maurice hates - poorly conditioned players and long shifts. Dano will learn. There's a lot to like in his game so far.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Two things Maurice hates - poorly conditioned players and long shifts. Dano will learn. There's a lot to like in his game so far.

Yup our depth sucks and we need his skill. Work the **** out and off we go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad