Another Lockout Article...

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
djhn579 said:
Of course Tom, I must be really naive. You always know all the answers and it is completely foolish to doubt you...

:joker:

There you go. One of the wiser statements you've made. Time to grow up from the utopian idealism of failed strategies from the last century.

Wasnt the money Pocklington was losing fronm the Gainers meat packing plant strike where he had used replacement players leading to terrible moments in picket line violence that still mar the city, and eventually led to the demise of the company? Didnt he even have this personal services contract for Gretzky that kept him his property to 1999 or something? And Janet not wanting to spend another winter in Edmonton away from her LA career. They really tried to make it as good an option as possible. But the owners sold Gretzky for money like in Soccer.

Tom_Benjamin said:
Bruce McNall, remember? Before he went to jail? Philip Anschutz picked up the team when McNall's pyramid fell apart and he went bankrupt. It was another case of owner malfeasance. It had nothing to do with the hockey team. (Anschutz, of course, ran Qwest, which was recently fined $250 million by the SEC.)

Oh yeah, I was thinking he was talking about current ownership. Thats right, they had 2 white collar crooks in a row owning the team. Both losing money for non-hockey reasons and players getting the blame.

Tom_Benjamin said:
I think this is wishful thinking. We are watching a pageant unfold. Ex-members of the old boys club are telling their tales this week. It's pretty weak stuff, but it will work. Even after the errors are pointed out, djhn579 buys it. I think the whole schtick is so insulting to us fans, it is a joke. That's what makes me mad.

They are playing us like fish.

Yeah, probably moreso pointless frustrated defiance. I remember Burke even saying the first time he went through it, he found it really frustrating how everything is choreographed so slowly. These outlandish tales from the ex-members of the old boys club likely have no relation to the owners real position, but hearing them is so frustrating. To see them perpetuate these obvious lies and fans buy it is so maddening. How can liars be leading us down a good path? How can there be only one solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad