Post-Game Talk: Another day, Another L. Habs lose 3-1 to the Caps

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Fantilli? You draft him if you want a player who is a bigger, faster version of Stutzle. Fantilli was more impressive than Bedard at the recent U18 and if keeps producing at the NCAA level and once again outshines Bedard at the upcoming WJC, then there will be more than one scout that regards this large dynamic player as the equal of Bedard. As I repeatedly opined in the lead up to the most recent draft: beware of the consensus. It can at times be a trap for the unwary.
You mean like lemmings

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Advanced stats for night are in:

View attachment 594724

Xhekaj had a very, very good night, which matches the eye test, as did Nick Suzuki. He was strong at both ends.

Kirby Dach was excellent defensively but didn't provide much offense, which, yeah, that was his game tonight.

Juraj Slafkovsky and Chris Wideman also had very good nights at both ends even if they didn't get points.

The pairing of Harris & Kovacevic provides excellent defensive play, but no offense, which is true. I like that pairing. I think they'll make a fine bottom pairing.

Brendan Gallagher was good defensively but not good on offense.

Anderson provided strong offense but was poor defensively.

Cole Caufield had an up & down night - mostly down.

Jake Evans, Jonathan Drouin & Mike Hoffman were neutral.

Dadonov was awful.

Savard & Guhle were worse; however I felt this was a terrible game by Savard and he dragged Guhle down with him & Caps were definitely targeting Guhle.
Jake Evans, Jonathan Drouin & Mike Hoffman were neutral, Dadonov was awful.

I expect young players to struggle, no excuse for these veterans.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Nothing can be done for our PP. I'm baffled so many fans can't realize than. We don't have a single dman able to do 30+ points on a regular basis. Matheson had one 30 points seasons in his career and his career average is 27 points in 82 games. All our dman are 20-25 points guys atm. Obviously the kids could grow to become solid 30+ points guys eventually.

There's one myth in hockey that i'll never understand. It's the myth that a dman can make great pass and great zone exits while playing in a top 4 without finishing the season with at least 30 points (in 82 games). That's an oxymoron. If you do great zone exist in control you'll get enough secondary assists to do at least 30 points (in 82 games). I call this the Josh Gorges syndrome.

All our dman are guys who struggle to do great offensive in control zone exists. They struggle to make great tape to tape pass that are longer than a single zone. You could have the better PP plan in the history of the NHL and you would still struggle to make this PP score goals. I've watched this team since the 80ies and i think it's the first time we don't have a single 40+ points dman. It's the worse defense (offensively speaking) i've seen wear this jersey for sure.

Totally agree with you on that.

The point is we can't get in the zone and get setup, so why continue on with this stupid drop bass at the center ice? if we are dead last on the PP, the ideal thing to do would be to change it up, its not working. Why are we sticking with a strategy that keeps the PP dead last? Obviously we have missing piecies, but thinking that every team isn't expecting this hilarious drop pass, isn't getting us further ahead and teaching the boys anything on the ice.

Reactions: OldCraig71

MaynardJames

Jul 6, 2007
Quebec
Toffoli played great with the ice time he had. Drouin, Dadonov and Hoffman are getting almost the same opportunities but they don't deliver.
They are not right now but things can change. We are not wasting anything to let them play and hope for the best

AHShadow

Apr 9, 2015
Just what I suspected would happen. Dach would play really good hockey but because he's tall, people will disregard everything he does and get mad he isn't running around playing like Pezzetta.

Yeah, he doesn't compete. Just repeated stripped pucks off players, got into many physical altercations with the other team and back checks hard to prevent goals against. What a dilly dallying loser! I hate that he's leading the team in xGF% and is gaining the zone better than anyone on the team and constantly putting teammates in positions to score.
Haven't watched Dach in juniors or in Chicago. Has he always been this good at stripping off pucks? He was constantly doing it yesterday.

Currently, Dach is our best transition center and doing really good defensively as well. Except better teammates, what else do you think he needs to start getting on the scoreboard? Read on Twitter that using his body a bit more would help.

Nonetheless, admit I was skeptical at first, but loving Dach since seeing him on the ice. We definitely got a good one.

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
Haven't watched Dach in juniors or in Chicago. Has he always been this good at stripping off pucks? He was constantly doing it yesterday.

Currently, Dach is our best transition center and doing really good defensively as well. Except better teammates, what else do you think he needs to start getting on the scoreboard? Read on Twitter that using his body a bit more would help.

Nonetheless, admit I was skeptical at first, but loving Dach since seeing him on the ice. We definitely got a good one.
He will start to produce. But in terms of timeline, Slafkofsky will happen before.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

It wouldn't hurt if he took the middle of the ice in the offensive zone a little bit more.

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
You would've laughed at Eller at the same age. At Dach's age, Eller was playing his first AHL games.
And, frankly, if Dach has Eller's career, ending up as one of the best defensive third line centers in the league, capable of producing reliable secondary scoring, we'll be blessed.

The criminal undervaluation of Eller by this fanbase continues to this day.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What’s the shape of the earth from up there?
From FL410, she curves.
4D83A2D5-7C32-4F5E-8FDE-9D2996599D5C.jpeg
What’s cool is we can see the earths shadow very well when that sun starts to disappear
0BCAD8D0-B398-4ABC-A312-0818FF981D63.jpeg
5EE7ACB3-0E70-49DE-AE5E-3D2B38C5B279.jpeg

First pic out of Vancouver heading east

Second pick was on Brazil Venezuela border….that’s the shit i gotta deal
With lol

Third one I don’t remember but its the best pic of curvature i can find….i delete most of my pics in the sky but I’ll try to get a good one next week.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
They are not right now but things can change. We are not wasting anything to let them play and hope for the best

They don't hurt the tank.. but that's about it. They don't bring much, they aren't improving their value. Actually, I'd argue they're just destroying it more. Even if they would end up with .5ppg at the deadline, I'm pretty sure most teams wouldn't line up to get their services.

I'll make a prediction right now that they'll stick with us until the season is done. Might fetch a late pick at the trade deadline but I would be surprised.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad