Speculation: Annual: who’s scouting who? thread!

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Bump... anyone know of scouts at tonight's games? When do they usually release that type of info? Basically game time?

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Are they there for the food?, eye candy? Maybe the beer at their respective arena has the most current "fresh" date on them?

They are their to watch hockey, which coincidentally, has hockey players :)

Actually...scouts have a certain area to cover and schedule their games in advance...what hockey is trying to say is that there may not be any more reason they are there than just to keep tabs on players and or teams in their area. And they had the trip planned well in advance...How about Buffalo? Who are they looking at from the Min/vegas game they had 5 scouts there? Most likely nobody...they were there having their organizationals and decided to attend a local game...nothing more most likely nothing less

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Actually...scouts have a certain area to cover and schedule their games in advance...what hockey is trying to say is that there may not be any more reason they are there than just to keep tabs on players and or teams in their area. And they had the trip planned well in advance...How about Buffalo? Who are they looking at from the Min/vegas game they had 5 scouts there? Most likely nobody...they were there having their organizationals and decided to attend a local game...nothing more most likely nothing less

you sound like an NHL scout that checks in on HF periodically, and you randomly saw this thread and now you’re super salty. lol

Reactions: The Alien

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Soooooo, what your saying is that they were in Vegas for a scouts meeting, and instead of holding the meeting in the Hotel they were staying out, in one of the many conference rooms, where they could focus on their work at hand, they decided to go to the game NOT so they could watch the game (which would include ACTUAL hockey players), but to hold their meetings?

Is that what your implying? Because if it, I'm calling hogwash right now. They went to a hockey game to...…………..wait for it...……………...watch Hockey...…………...shocking, I know. But carry on.

Reactions: Palm Tree

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Avs vs Wild.

Attachments

• 11FCAA6C-95B1-499E-AEF1-6A71DE5A684E.png
    11FCAA6C-95B1-499E-AEF1-6A71DE5A684E.png
    550.7 KB · Views: 164

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Soooooo, what your saying is that they were in Vegas for a scouts meeting, and instead of holding the meeting in the Hotel they were staying out, in one of the many conference rooms, where they could focus on their work at hand, they decided to go to the game NOT so they could watch the game (which would include ACTUAL hockey players), but to hold their meetings?

Is that what your implying? Because if it, I'm calling hogwash right now. They went to a hockey game to...…………..wait for it...……………...watch Hockey...…………...shocking, I know. But carry on.

First of all don't be an ass...I didn't disrespect you and I don't appreciate you doing it to me...
Second of all...NO I didn't say that...if you'll go back and read what I said instead of being so quick to jump with a sarcastic remark...you'll see what I said WAS...they were there for meetings...they went to the game...Happens all the time...used to happen in Chicago when the Wolves were affiliated with Vancouver all the time..those guys would hit a hawks game if they were in town...How many Van/Hawks trades ya seen in the last 10 years especially when they were affiliated with the Wolves? If Vegas hadn't been playing at home guess what...they still would've had their meetings there...all they did was take advantage of a chance to see a couple of teams in person...if there were a trade every time that happened there would be a trade a day

Last edited:

WesTheBest92

Jul 2, 2018
Who is scouting who? Big trade with LA and TOR yesterday! One month away from the deadline. New scouting, who is available?

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
This is from January 21st:
David Pagnotta: There were eight teams listed to attend last night’s Maple Leafs-Coyotes game: Carolina Hurricanes (2), Dallas Stars, Nashville Predators, Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadiens, Florida Panthers, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Columbus Blue Jackets.

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Rangers have been scouting the Jets, a few games before the break and 2 scouts there last night, including AGM Drury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad