Speculation: Annual: who’s scouting who? thread!

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So how often are trades ever made based off who’s scouting who at the tdl?

Literally every trade.

You can all but guarantee that when a trade gets made at the deadline, if you went back and looked you'd see the two teams scouting each other a handful of times before the trade.

You'll also see lots of examples of teams scouting each other that dont end up trading.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Toronto and St. Louis were scouting Washington’s (Hershey) and Philadelphia’s (Lehigh Valley) farm teams this weekend.

Blues have been scouting both Philly and LV for couple weeks. I wonder though how much of the LV this weekend was to see a certain goalie on his rehab starts?

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
True. And we were scouting them before he got there. Any sense on who else might be looking at? Doesn't seem like many top guys there at this point.
No clue, I follow Hershey but they play LV a lot of the course of the year. LV has gotten worse prospect wise since most have graduate to the NHL or have been dealt recently. LV is pretty much mid-tier prospects other than Myers but he was playing his first NHL game tonight. Sam Morin also came back from injury this weekend but only played Friday’s game I believe. Flyers fans would be better at specific targets

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
No clue, I follow Hershey but they play LV a lot of the course of the year. LV has gotten worse prospect wise since most have graduate to the NHL or have been dealt recently. LV is pretty much mid-tier prospects other than Myers but he was playing his first NHL game tonight. Sam Morin also came back from injury this weekend but only played Friday’s game I believe. Flyers fans would be better at specific targets
Appreciate it. I know Flyers have nice prospect pool but didn't look like any top ones played today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad