Pre-Game Talk: Annual - How will the Penguins fare this season. Poll *UPDATED* can change vote & open until 13 October.

Where will the Penguins finish in the conference this season.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
If healthy a solid 4th in the conference, probably 2nd in the division. Don't underestimate EK on the powerplay. Add in a further 15-20 goals on the powerplay AND subtract a couple of those blown close games and you get a 4th place finish.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Still 20 or 30 voters off being completed... but the voting has changed from last years expectations.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
5th. They're going to be the barometer for whether or not there has been a total changing of the guard in the NHL. If a team with three first ballot HHoF players on the roster at this stage in the careers can't make the playoffs, it's officially the end of the post lockout era.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Using that logic, nobody picked 10th so far :oops:.
I was going to post this when the poll was closed :laugh:
I've been thinking in my head... will they really be tenth this year? If it is that will be the weirdest 'coincidence' or whatever you'd want to call that... not even sure I'd believe it myself haha...

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
You want me to allowing changing? I suppose it doesn't matter... one vote is one vote, kind of wanted it to be your pick and not be influenced by popular choices etc voting without being able to see the votes but I didn't do that... you want it open to changes then?
Well, I am a particularly dim dumbass who didn't read the poll carefully and thought I was voting on the division, not the conference. Oh well, sooner or later we will have real hockey to talk about, right?

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I misunderstood the poll and clicked 4th, when I meant 4th in the division...but since I can't change my vote, I'm gonna stick to my guns! 4th in the conference, baby!
@CascadiaPenguin
and whoever voted for division finish... poll closes in .... 30 days, AND....
YOU CAN CHANGE VOTES! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

@AuroraBorealis you said last time you didn't want me to allow changes and now today you do so your the right person to ask in the right fashion =P

Being open until october 9th (ish... can't pick dates... just days away) does make sense.. gives the stragglers more time. even when the thread fades into the depths of the boards, it may still be open. =P

Reactions: CascadiaPenguin

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
@AuroraBorealis you said last time you didn't want me to allow changes and now today you do so your the right person to ask in the right fashion =P
What? : 😂
I was probably talking about in-season changes.
I made my own "playoff or no" thread allow changes until Oct 9th. So it'd be a little hypocritical to tell you not to...

Anyways, 1st world problems...
Carry on, boys...

Reactions: LOGiK

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
@CascadiaPenguin
and whoever voted for division finish... poll closes in .... 30 days, AND....
YOU CAN CHANGE VOTES! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Being open until october 9th (ish... can't pick dates... just days away) does make sense.. gives the stragglers more time. even when the thread fades into the depths of the boards, it may still be open. =P
You might want to add this info in the thread title.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I was going to post this when the poll was closed :laugh:
I've been thinking in my head... will they really be tenth this year? If it is that will be the weirdest 'coincidence' or whatever you'd want to call that... not even sure I'd believe it myself haha...
If I had read what you had posted before voting, I would have voted 10th just to break that.

I'm instead going to predict we'll win at least 1 round this year. Considering that hasn't happened the last 6 years, it's time to be right! :D

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
If I had read what you had posted before voting, I would have voted 10th just to break that.

I'm instead going to predict we'll win at least 1 round this year. Considering that hasn't happened the last 6 years, it's time to be right! :D
Yes that is is a bold prediction... for everyones sake... I hope you are correct =]

Well... poll hit 80 votes so I am happy.
Generally an optimistic outlook for the penguins this season.
Though, compared to last years poll, optimism is gradually waning and the majority of votes sliding down to 5-6-7. Unfortunately it takes a year to see how accurate the poll is :laugh:
Thank you to everyone who participated. Polls are fun. :handclap:

Reactions: Sidgeni Malkby

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I voted 3rd because I read this as 'in the division' not in the conference.

I was right there with mine. Alas.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
If healthy a solid 4th in the conference, probably 2nd in the division. Don't underestimate EK on the powerplay. Add in a further 15-20 goals on the powerplay AND subtract a couple of those blown close games and you get a 4th place finish.
the hell we won't

I was one lol…I can’t say it’s nice to be confirmed
I outAndy you, I was bottom 6....:laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad