Pre-Game Talk: Annual - How will the Penguins fare this season. Poll *UPDATED* can change vote & open until 13 October.

Where will the Penguins finish in the conference this season.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Ok. I’m going w 9th again…yes, we’re improved on D, bottom six at this point is likely a wash, though hard not to be better, and goaltending is a wash…I’ll say the improvements don’t net much more because I have a hard time believing Sid or G will play 82 games again and I think our top six overall will score less, be less productive…that’s why I have the Pens out of the playoffs again, well that and Jarry (and our coach)

I’d like a poll that asks people to predict certain things this season such as games played, goals, injuries, +/- etc

Reactions: LOGiK

reino

Jul 20, 2019
6th. after these teams

aa.JPG

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
My parameters are 5th to 10th. Largely dependant on goaltending.

I go down to 14th because if Sid and Geno both miss a decent chunk of games, I think we’ll end up second to last in the Metro…there’s really no one who can do a good enough job at top six center if they miss time…

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Ok. I’m going w 9th again…yes, we’re improved on D, bottom six at this point is likely a wash, though hard not to be better, and goaltending is a wash…I’ll say the improvements don’t net much more because I have a hard time believing Sid or G will play 82 games again and I think our top six overall will score less, be less productive…that’s why I have the Pens out of the playoffs again, well that and Jarry (and our coach)

I’d like a poll that asks people to predict certain things this season such as games played, goals, injuries, +/- etc
I was going to click 7th when I posted the poll... but I figured I'd sit on it until I feel solid about it. I'm between 7-10 though. Anything out of a playoff spot would be disaster for this team though... so I -imagine- they will play with rejuvenated passion. But likewise, injuries and other situations aside.... how much will the passion pay out for them. This is an important year for them. Jarry most of all... even though he just landed that contract... eh.

Reactions: Andy99

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You know, like, aim high so you have something to complain about later.

The true Pittsburgh HFBOARD way.

It's not about trying to be right it's all about the C.O.M.P.L.A.I.N.I.N.G!

I'll take a script from @Randy Butternubs and ask for everyone to switch their votes to #2 to #4 to avoid being UN-HFBOARD Pittsburgh, like.

Slackers afraid to go ALL-IN.

I went with the max to really make it hurt.

@LOGiK needs to allow people to change.

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
You know, like, aim high so you have something to complain about later.

The true Pittsburgh HFBOARD way.

It's not about trying to be right it's all about the C.O.M.P.L.A.I.N.I.N.G!

I'll take a script from @Randy Butternubs and ask for everyone to switch their votes to #2 to #4 to avoid being UN-HFBOARD Pittsburgh, like.

Slackers afraid to go ALL-IN.

I went with the max to really make it hurt.

@LOGiK needs to allow people to change.
You want me to allowing changing? I suppose it doesn't matter... one vote is one vote, kind of wanted it to be your pick and not be influenced by popular choices etc voting without being able to see the votes but I didn't do that... you want it open to changes then?

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
You want me to allowing changing? I suppose it doesn't matter... one vote is one vote, kind of wanted it to be your pick and not be influenced by popular choices etc voting without being able to see the votes but I didn't do that... you want it open to changes then?
I'm mostly being a smartass, but it wouldn't change anything as you said. I doubt people will take it seriously.

Reactions: LOGiK

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Little surprised at some of the pessimism. There are holes (goaltending, scoring depth and questions re: coaching) but the team has made a couple of smart moves and one gargantuan one this offseason as far as personnel. And even if I'm far from a big Sullivan backer you can at least see how this much-maligned bottom six dovetails much more naturally with how he deploys his roster.

Obviously injuries (especially considering the core's age) are a concern. But they are a concern for every team. This should be a playoff team and if it isn't some very avoidable mistakes were made and/or there were a mess of devastating injuries throughout the season.

Reactions: Malkinstheman

Jobeycool

Jun 20, 2019
Hopefully they look better than the Steelers did today lol... I placed the the Pens 2nd lol.. Giving them higher expectations lol.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I've got them fourth. I don't think this team is better than NYR/Car/NJ although it wouldn't completely shock me if the Pens finished ahead of the Rangers. But unlikely I think. Rangers good players are still mostly in their primes.

If we're assuming health I'd be surprised to see the Pens not at least make it. Maybe I'm underrating the Islanders but I think the Pens with Karlsson and a revamped bottom six are better than them.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I've got them fourth. I don't think this team is better than NYR/Car/NJ although it wouldn't completely shock me if the Pens finished ahead of the Rangers. But unlikely I think. Rangers good players are still mostly in their primes.

If we're assuming health I'd be surprised to see the Pens not at least make it. Maybe I'm underrating the Islanders but I think the Pens with Karlsson and a revamped bottom six are better than them.
Just a heads up ; The poll's asking for their Eastern Conference standing, not their Metro standing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad