Prospect Info: Annual Devils Prospect Rankings #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm all set for number 3. If Santini is 2 then JQ is 3 for me by a mile.

I think we have something good with this kid. I do believe he can be a 2C in the NHL.

I'm split on Matteau or Quenneville for number 3.

As of last offseason, I absolutely had Boucher over Matteau. Not this year though.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Oh if we're adding Matteau and Bouch now, they are ahead of Blandisi and Q as of now.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Santini is easily number two in my opinion. I disagree eddy, I will have Blandisi #3 :)

I'm excited to see what Blandisi can do but at this point I personally think he should at the bottom of our rankings. Maybe in the 9 or 10 area.

What he is coming into Albany with is really not much different than what Graham Black did last year in his over age junior season.

You have two players that had injury riddled junior careers and busted out as 20 year olds.

I'd rank Blandisi behind a lot of players until we see AHL success. Right now I have him on par with Graham Black.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
I'm excited to see what Blandisi can do but at this point I personally think he should at the bottom of our rankings. Maybe in the 9 or 10 area.

What he is coming into Albany with is really not much different than what Graham Black did last year in his over age junior season.

You have two players that had injury riddled junior careers and busted out as 20 year olds.

I'd rank Blandisi behind a lot of players until we see AHL success. Right now I have him on par with Graham Black.

I see Blandisi better than Graham Black in pretty much every asset of the game. We'll see next season as they both will be in the AHL to start the year.

Missionhockey

Jul 6, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I picked Santini partially because of his projection and likelihood he reaches that projection. I'd take him over Matteau because even though Matteau is probably closer to reaching his potential, I don't think Matteau is going to be more than a 30-40 point 3rd liner.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I see Blandisi better than Graham Black in pretty much every asset of the game. We'll see next season as they both will be in the AHL to start the year.

Black is probably a better skater and he is much better defensively. Black is more of a two center than Blandisi is so I would expect more scoring from him Edit: Black is more of true center than Blandisi

I wouldn't be surprised to see Blandisi at wing next season but who knows? You have Kujawinski and Blandisi coming in, you may even have Coleman and possibly Kalinin to get a little North American seasoning...all have played center. All the guys coming in can't play center.

Blandisi should be able to score more from the wing. It's going to be an interesting year.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Went Matteau.

I think in addition to the relatively high probability that he makes it as an NHL player, if only as a grinder, I thought he stood out last season on multiple occasions due to skating speed and shot. I thought I saw some real nice offensive potential there. Not sure the reason for his lackluster AHL production, but I suspect line mates played a factor.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Since HF still considers Severson a prospect (51 GP), I wonder how the vote would have went between him and Zacha. I think he probably would have come out on top since he's more known to the fan-base but with similar upsides (first-pair v first-line) I wonder what the percentage would have been.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Since HF still considers Severson a prospect (51 GP), I wonder how the vote would have went between him and Zacha. I think he probably would have come out on top since he's more known to the fan-base but with similar upsides (first-pair v first-line) I wonder what the percentage would have been.

He easily would've been first. Theres very little chance that he would not be on the team next year so there was no point including him in our prospect rankings.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I definitely would put Severson as our #1 prospect...I don't think Severson would've won a popular vote against a shinny new #6 overall though.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
I definitely would put Severson as our #1 prospect...I don't think Severson would've won a popular vote against a shiny new #6 overall though.

Agree on both. I think the percentage would have been closer than it should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad