Prospect Info: Annual Devils Prospect Rankings #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils Trap

May 6, 2009
New Jersey
Since the Draft is over, thought no better time to do one of these. Same as always, vote in the poll as well as post in the comments to add a player to the list. We will do one Poll per day, each coming around the same time

#1. Pavel Zacha [80/89 Votes = 88.89%] (Added Coleman/Boucher/Matteau)

Zacha_Sarnia1_672x412.jpg

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
still stickin to the sheriff on this one. a man amongst boys. its really a damn shame that stevens isn't gonna get to work with him anymore, but who knows, maybe nas can teach him some diff things this time at camp

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Blackwood would have been a 1st rounder in any other draft, and has elite potential. Don't let the fact that picking a goalie this year was a strategic mistake cloud the prospect's individual grade. In a vacuum, he's easily our 2nd best prospect.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Blackwood would have been a 1st rounder in any other draft, and has elite potential. Don't let the fact that picking a goalie this year was a strategic mistake cloud the prospect's individual grade. In a vacuum, he's easily our 2nd best prospect.

I somewhat agree, although it's still a little tricky projecting goalies. He has the tools though, and I think he'll be good one day, it's just I like Santini more in this spot.

Add Speers.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

I agree. I don't like the pick from a Devils standpoint, but from the prospect standpoint he's an excellent player. Though I think Santini is higher, Blackwood is probably #3 or right behind Quenneville at #4.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

I have a hard time putting goalie high on the prospect list...I'd prefer to include them in a different category all together...

You are looking at prospect with ETA of probably about 5 years... We will probably have nearly 100% turnover on our prospect list in 3 or 4 years from today and Blackwood will most likely still be on it. That should be factored into a ranking in my opinion. Obviously this doesn't at all speak to talent level but Development Time is worth something.

Secondly we just don't know - More so than any skater prospect. We've seen goalies with far higher rankings never even touch the NHL...Do you remember the hype around Maxime Ouellet? Who is Brent Krahn? I remember people calling the 2002 draft the "goalie draft" with 8 goalies taken in the first 2 rounds and over 30 goalies taken in that draft...I'm pretty sure I remember Hannu Toivonen being top ranked prospect on Hocky's future back in the day.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I see no options for Alexander Urbom. Are you serious?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I can't put Quenneville at number 2 when he drops 11 points from his draft year.

But you can put a guy number 2 who missed practically half the year and when he came back played pretty crappy? --- Not saying you're wrong here, I'm just saying I don't know that one is more flawed than the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad