Prospect Info: Annual Devils Prospect Rankings #13

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
He's also a year older, got much better minutes, and didn't deal with consistent injuries (including concussion).

I don't know why people don't include context when discussing junior players. A 20 year old outscoring a 19 year old in junior leagues is expected, not impressive.

Which is why he is ranked under Blandisi. But you asked what people see in him. We see someone that can score. Sure he is an overager, but he can score. Whether or not that translates into the NHL is another story. But he's big, can skate and has a good shot. I think the whole age thing is overrated. Kids develop at different rates. Some 18 year olds have more mature body than some 20 year olds. Everyone grows at a different rate.

Look at a random roster of any OHL team. His height and weight doesn't stand out any more than any other player. As for that extra year of development. He was injured the year before and didn't play as much. So its not like he developed that much more.

Last edited:

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I picked Kuja, not much of a reason really. It was between him and Hulk. I just think Hulk will be buried by the depth we have on D, where as Kuja may actually make the team down the road. I am not sure if I really classify Kalinin as a prospect so I don't feel right picking him.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Kerfoot has two things against him, and they are related. He is too small and he gets injured too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad