3. Jonatan Berggren - W
4. Sebastian Cossa - G
5. Elmer Soderblom - W
6. Albert Johansson - LD
7. Carter Mazur - W
8. William Wallinder - LD

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Voted Buchelnikov. His skillset is a really nice start to build off of. If he can improve his skating he's going to be dangerous.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Voted Buchelnikov. His skillset is a really nice start to build off of. If he can improve his skating he's going to be dangerous.
Just opposite, he is excellent skater and he needs improve his skills and get a lot more stronger

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020

He’s very skilled and I know we’re all hoping he turns into the next Kucherov or Kaprisov, but he’s proven exactly nothing yet. And he’s only like 150lbs. There’s a long way for him to go before I consider him top 10.

Sebrango is my dark horse to make the team this season. He’s physically mature, a good skater, and very smart defensively.

LDN added 9kg of muscle, improved his skating and is going to be an SHL regular this year. He’s also looking like a player.

Reactions: jfrank21

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Picked Sebrango over Buchelnikov, only because of the Russian factor (uncertainty), Buchelnikov is the prospect with the better skill-set/ceiling, but Sebrango is more NHL ready.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Was between Sebrango, James, and Buchelnikov for me.

I like the pre-season Dower-Nilsson has had, but I need to see him put together a good season before I vote for him.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Yeah...Im as excited about the shiny new Russian sniper as just about anyone...but come on, we need to pump the brakes. Sebrango, Buium and I'd argue even Hanas, have all proven a little bit more to this point. I'm excited for Buch's skillset and potential, but his being this high is a little early. Expecting a big jump next year though.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Was between Sebrango, James, and Buchelnikov for me.

I like the pre-season Dower-Nilsson has had, but I need to see him put together a good season before I vote for him.

James I think is in a similar boat to Mazur last year. Realistically folks haven't caught a lotta tape on the guy, and because he was picked a bit higher than the sites had him mocked, he probably won't have a lot of big advocates. I like the player though, lots of translatable skills.

Yeah...Im as excited about the shiny new Russian sniper as just about anyone...but come on, we need to pump the brakes. Sebrango, Buium and I'd argue even Hanas, have all proven a little bit more to this point. I'm excited for Buch's skillset and potential, but his being this high is a little early. Expecting a big jump next year though.

I hear you. It's always a tough balance between guys who are a bit more proven and guys from the most recent draft class. I try to view it as who I'd value most in an outgoing trade, but once you get past the first couple prospects it gets very tight and very situational for me.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah...Im as excited about the shiny new Russian sniper as just about anyone...but come on, we need to pump the brakes.

Its funny because half the people pumping him are the ones complaining Bertuzzi was a wasted second round pick because he was barely ranked anywhere. Buchelnikov comes around and hes flashy and all of them love him.

Bert coulda been had 5 rounds later but Buchelnikov ranks higher than guys like Sebrango to some.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Feels good that a guy I think highly of like Sebrango is barely cracking the top 10.

Exactly. For all the bitching people do about our prospects, the players we’ve ranked 5 to whoever we pick at 9 would be better than picks 1 through 5 close to half the systems around the league.

I like our depth, I think we're starting to bear the fruits of all those accumulated 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Nitpicking, I'd like a bit more in the forward group to project as good NHL point producers. I'd have a lot of time for another productive forward with next year's 1st.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Buium but I switched my vote to Buchelnikov when I saw how he was basically tied with Sebrango

I think Buium's a bit underrated at this point around here, Mazur is 5th in scoring among forwards on his college team and skyrockets up peoples boards meanwhile Buium is 3rd in Defenseman scoring on the same exact team while being a full year younger and crickets

Last edited:
Reactions: Realgud

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Sebrango because there just isn’t enough to go off of for James.

Sebrango over Buchelnikov because one requires a significant amount of time and projection to see him in the NHL. The other feels like he will be making his debut by the end of this season.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Buium but I switched my vote to Buchelnikov when I saw how he was basically tied with Sebrango

I think Buium's a bit underrated at this point around here, Mazur is 5th in scoring among forwards on his college team and skyrockets up peoples boards meanwhile Buium is 3rd in Defenseman scoring on the same exact team while being a full year younger and crickets

Crickets because offense shouldn’t come as a surprise with Buium. He’s a converted forward. The big question marks for Buium were his feet and his defensive game. He’s made progress there, but he’s nowhere near a complete package.

Sebrango may be unspectacular, but he will play NHL games, which is more than we can say about anyone else on this list at this moment.

Reactions: Go Wings

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Sebrango because there just isn’t enough to go off of for James.

Sebrango over Buchelnikov because one requires a significant amount of time and projection to see him in the NHL. The other feels like he will be making his debut by the end of this season.
James shouldn’t be anywhere near the top 10 discussion.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad