• Emil Viro - LD

• Anton Johansson - RD

• Jan Bednar - G

Results are only viewable after voting.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Guess I missed some games and I did, but Niederbach's hockey sense continues to show when I watch him. I think by mid-season with the Abbott's in control a lot of people are going to feel a little silly about this. He is where the puck is going a lot, always like that quality. Other warning summer hockey is a dangerous place to fall in or out of love with a prospect...
Saw the same thing. I hope he develops his tools and gets stronger because I think his iq is very good and I think he's getting severely underrated because he didn't show a lot of offensive flair yet.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
I went with Liam Dower-Nilsson. Great D+1 year in J20 Nationale and is looking to play full time on Frolunda's shutdown line this year with Joel Lundqvist (former NHLer and brother of Henrik Lundqvist).

5 goals in 3 preseason games. Looking bigger and faster than last year. Very strong defensively and a great playmaker. He's gonna be realgud this year. I think he's the Wing's best forward prospect in this next group by large margin.

Pound the table.

Hugh Mongusbig

Mar 7, 2012
slightly favored LDN here, but truthfully, we are getting down to guys who I just haven't seen much of yet. like Dylan James.... kind of bummed that he is falling so far down the list considering where he was picked.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I want a Zadina - Dower-Nilsson - Berggren line. I think it could be effective on the ice, but I know for certain the mere thought of it would annoy the ever loving shit out of people.

• Wow
Reactions: Realgud

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022
Niederbach. It's weird how one mediocre tournament can completely ruin your projection with the fans.

Don't get the LDN hype. He hasn't done anything yet (although I'm hopeful). At least Niederbach gets invited to national team events.

Buium, I really like. I think he's clearly ahead of LDN. If not for whatever went on at the last minute, he would have been on the WJC team.
I don’t think many posters are putting too much weight into their rankings based on the WJC. Niederbach was meh the past two years. The areas that we need to see development haven’t happened. He’s good at everything, great at nothing, and unfortunately the Cory Emmertons of the world don’t stick around long.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
I don’t think many posters are putting too much weight into their rankings based on the WJC. Niederbach was meh the past two years. The areas that we need to see development haven’t happened. He’s good at everything, great at nothing, and unfortunately the Cory Emmertons of the world don’t stick around long.
I'm a simple man. If Hakan says he's got more to him, he's got more.

In addition to Edvinsson and Wallinder, there are other players drafted by Detroit in the Junior Krona in Edmonton. Theodor Niederbach is a player that Andersson believes in a lot, and believes that many people may not have opened their eyes to him until now during the WJC.

“It’s exactly the same with Niederbach. I think he can do even more. He’s a super smart player and it’s starting to show now. People are starting to see all his little clever things that he does during the game. Passes pucks to the defensemen and shuts down certain angles. But I think he can do even more. They have said that he will earn a bigger role with Rogle, and so he will be exciting to follow.”

Reactions: ChadS and RRhoads

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Niederbach was meh the past two years. The areas that we need to see development haven’t happened.
I'm not the biggest Niederbach fan but he had a better d+1 than a lot of guys do. Basically the best player in J20, performed well in Allsvenskan and wasn't bad in SHL.
I get the sense that unless a player in sweden is performing at "best of all time" levels it's meh.

Reactions: DoMakc

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
My give-a-shit is waning a bit, but I went back to the well for Boomer. I thought about Hanas, I do like his skillset but I'm waiting to see how his 1st AHL year goes.

I'm predicting Dylan James will have a meteoric rise in this poll next year.

Reactions: Frk It

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'm not the biggest Niederbach fan but he had a better d+1 than a lot of guys do. Basically the best player in J20, performed well in Allsvenskan and wasn't bad in SHL.
I get the sense that unless a player in sweden is performing at "best of all time" levels it's meh.
Niederbach had a better +1 than I was thinking, but didn't really follow it up with his +2 season.

I'm just not going to get that jazzed about guys doing big things in J20 in their +1 year. Dvorsky just had 40 pts in that league as a 16 year old, and he is not even talked about as a top 3 pick for this next draft.

What ever happened to guys playing in Allsvenskan for their whole +1 year? Seem like that would have been good for some of our prospects.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Niederbach had a better +1 than I was thinking, but didn't really follow it up with his +2 season.

I'm just not going to get that jazzed about guys doing big things in J20 in their +1 year. Dvorsky just had 40 pts in that league as a 16 year old, and he is not even talked about as a top 3 pick for this next draft.

What ever happened to guys playing in Allsvenskan for their whole +1 year? Seem like that would have been good for some of our prospects.

That says more about the draft class than Dvorsky. That kid is a phenom and will probably be top 5.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It's not always easy to work out loans there. I agree, I would like to see that happen more often for guys who would otherwise get ~5-10 minutes of SHL icetime per game.

Reactions: Frk It

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Basically Allsvenskan teams want them on long-term loans while SHL teams want them available as cheap call-ups in case of injuries or if they happen to grow into roster spots. But I agree it could be a good route for a lot of non-elite prospects.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
My give-a-shit is waning a bit, but I went back to the well for Boomer. I thought about Hanas, I do like his skillset but I'm waiting to see how his 1st AHL year goes.

I'm predicting Dylan James will have a meteoric rise in this poll next year.
Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen James play. Recent picks can get a jump like Buch did when they have a poppy offensive profile and they look good in our first glimpses of them. The whole "mysterious small Russian" thing certainly doesn't hurt. For James though, he plays an industrious game (that's very effective supposedly), and most of us haven't watched him. To me, only Kasper, Berggren and Edvinsson really stand out from everyone else in our pool. Based on James's profile, I think he could be as high as 4 (ignoring graduations/ additions) pretty reasonably if he has a good year and no one else demands the spot. Some scouts seem really high on him.

Honestly, the depth of our pool is pretty crazy right now. I don't know if Hanas or Niederbach will ever put it together. But Hanas does have some really intriguing skill if he can figure out when/where to apply it must effectively. Niederbach seems to really understand the game and mostly lacks the Justin Williams 'it' factor to me. James was just taken 40th overall. Viro, Savage and LDN all have NHL upside for me. Falco (Lombardi) looks really exciting. And those guys are competing for the twelfth spot!

Thus I think we'll just see a lot of movement in general. A few guys are bound to struggle, and a few are bound to have a big year. For example, It really wouldn't surprise me to see Cossa, Soderblom and Johansson at 11, 12, and 13 with Buium, James and Niederbach at 4, 5 and 6 instead.

Reactions: RabidBadger

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen James play. Recent picks can get a jump like Buch did when they have a poppy offensive profile and they look good in our first glimpses of them. The whole "mysterious small Russian" thing certainly doesn't hurt. For James though, he plays an industrious game (that's very effective supposedly), and most of us haven't watched him. To me, only Kasper, Berggren and Edvinsson really stand out from everyone else in our pool. Based on James's profile, I think he could be as high as 4 (ignoring graduations/ additions) pretty reasonably if he has a good year and no one else demands the spot. Some scouts seem really high on him.

Honestly, the depth of our pool is pretty crazy right now. I don't know if Hanas or Niederbach will ever put it together. But Hanas does have some really intriguing skill if he can figure out when/where to apply it must effectively. Niederbach seems to really understand the game and mostly lacks the Justin Williams 'it' factor to me. James was just taken 40th overall. Viro, Savage and LDN all have NHL upside for me. Falco (Lombardi) looks really exciting. And those guys are competing for the twelfth spot!

Thus I think we'll just see a lot of movement in general. A few guys are bound to struggle, and a few are bound to have a big year. For example, It really wouldn't surprise me to see Cossa, Soderblom and Johansson at 11, 12, and 13 with Buium, James and Niederbach at 4, 5 and 6 instead.
I think you're spot on with your James prognostication. I figured he could vault up to #4 myself...I'll give more details in the #12 thread since I'm voting for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad