GDT: Animal House, Bruins @ Devils, 7:30 TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
You guys are going absolutely rip the Penguins apart tomorrow.
We’ll play very good, score 1 goal, your goalie will look like prime Brodeur, and you’ll win 2-1 off of a very low scoring chances count.

If lou was gm he would not be excepting this collapse... there would be a trade in the making ...someone who could actually score a goal ...not someone who flubs empty net shots game after game!
Lou would probably trade L. Hughes and Nemec for Patrick Kane. Problem solved, I guess?

• Haha
Reactions: Whaddagoal

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Once again, the booing of Hall is because of several things he did and said before he left. I can't believe anybody could forget it.

He called out the fans for booing one game and said something like ''We have to battle our own fans too'' and he was mad that the team was booing in a game that we weren't losing. We did lose it in the end.

And the very next game he put his hand to his ear after he scored a goal to mock the fans to see if they were still booing him.

THAT'S WHY DEVILS FANS BOO HIM!

Can you imagine if Lindy Ruff made a comment after the home opener about how it's hard enough to win in there, but then you also have to fight against the booing fans and people chanting to fire him?

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Or we can hope to get Connor Bedard your choice😅
Just to be clear, you think trading a young PPG, cost controlled winner in Bratt and Severson for like 40 games of Patrick Kane is a good move?

Getting Bedard would also be a cheat code.

• Haha
Reactions: Dylan9z9

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
Just to be clear, you think trading a young PPG, cost controlled winner in Bratt and Severson for like 40 games of Patrick Kane is a good move?

Getting Bedard would also be a cheat code.
Bratt is gone after the season ends no way we are going to pay what he is going to ask for so whats the problem?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Once again, the booing of Hall is because of several things he did and said before he left. I can't believe anybody could forget it.

He called out the fans for booing one game and said something like ''We have to battle our own fans too'' and he was mad that the team was booing in a game that we weren't losing. We did lose it in the end.

And the very next game he put his hand to his ear after he scored a goal to mock the fans to see if they were still booing him.

THAT'S WHY DEVILS FANS BOO HIM!

Can you imagine if Lindy Ruff made a comment after the home opener about how it's hard enough to win in there, but then you also have to fight against the booing fans and people chanting to fire him?
We remember but I doubt a majority of the fans who are booing him actually know or care about the cupped ear and his sore loser comments during a team losing streak.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Im sorry I'll have to report your post as it doesn't fit the current narrative that we are never going to win again.

If Mackenzie Blackwood is in net theyd better start building pyres in Newark.
I don't think he'll be in net....... BUT! Who knows?

Isn't it the dad's trip? Maybe they do give him the start so his dad can watch him lol.

I remember all the talk about when Bratt got scratched for John Hayden, which I don't really remember the time it happened, but I'm sure it did.

Only that wasn't for a dad's trip, that was just a random game.

MauDevils

Jan 11, 2009
New Jersey
If lou was gm he would not be excepting this collapse... there would be a trade in the making ...someone who could actually score a goal ...not someone who flubs empty net shots game after game!
Our GM thinks his bad off-season signing will be his great deadline acquisition.

Reactions: Dylan9z9

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
We remember but I doubt a majority of the fans who are booing him actually know or care about the cupped ear and his sore loser comments during a team losing streak.

True point.

But since those are the rabblerouser/mob non-HFBoarder fans, we can't expect too much from the non-enlightened crowds and thus will boo mercilessly, without regard, without hesitation :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
That doesn’t mean other big name players like Jack, Dougie, and Palat when he gets back have zero responsibility to talk to the media.
They are also reasonably allowed to give a non petulant "no comment" type of comment right now if they choose. Look what happened after Wood made his "must win" comment and then had to backtrack. When the team is struggling this badly some guys are just ill equipped to make the proper public statements. Given Jack's age and somewhat snarky public demeanor in interviews I cannot imagine it going well for him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wouldn’t be surprised if they put Smith in the line up and he gets absolutely dunked on because it’s first game against his old one and he hasn’t played a single minute this year.
I think most of us wouldn't be surprised if he actually scores a goal haha.

Reactions: Devs3cups

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Speaking of the next Penguin game (and since Gurglesons arrived here as some forebearer of times), I got particularly curious and peeked at their post GDT.

And, wow it looks very familiar over there. :laugh: They are also in emotional shambles after the 5-4 loss after being up 4-0. They are also on the verge of mental shattering. Something about great Decembers and then bad follow throughs is their typical, vs our horrible decembers.

These two teams are going into next game probably really pissed off. Should make it entertaining at least.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
All the losing we have had to endure the last 10 seasons aside from 1 or 2 has made the fanbase irritable. I can't honestly say I blame them but chanting "Fire Lindy" and booing Taylor Hall (who got us Mercer + Bahl) is pathetic. I wasn't there live for those games but I completely understand why the fans at the games are not happy. Atleast it's about to be December and we are still in a playoff spot and not having to check scouting reports for top 5 picks this year. The team just needs to get back to winning every 2 out of 3 games from now till the end of the season. If we do that we will make the playoffs and we will keep a spild record. We have stacked way to many losses the last few weeks yet we are still in a good spot even though it doesn't feel like it...

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
All the losing we have had to endure the last 10 seasons aside from 1 or 2 has made the fanbase irritable. I can't honestly say I blame them but chanting "Fire Lindy" and booing Taylor Hall (who got us Mercer + Bahl) is pathetic. I wasn't there live for those games but I completely understand why the fans at the games are not happy. Atleast it's about to be December and we are still in a playoff spot and not having to check scouting reports for top 5 picks this year. The team just needs to get back to winning every 2 out of 3 games from now till the end of the season. If we do that we will make the playoffs and we will keep a spild record. We have stacked way to many losses the last few weeks yet we are still in a good spot even though it doesn't feel like it...

I think you mean Jan and while i agree that was my goal to play meaningful games into the new year this isn't exactly how i wanted it. its one thing to be fighting for a playoff spot right now which is what i thought would happen. as to what we are doing now where we are sinking out of a playoff spot which is totally different.

NJDfan86

Dec 29, 2021
No lies detected. Same goes with shara people point out his 25 30 goals whatever he had last year but guy just goes cold too long and when both are cold they aren’t even helping the other guys. Imagine if jack went down hurt? Forget it

This literally applies to almost all players in the NHL with the exception of a select few - most players who score 40 goals aren't scoring 1 goal every two games. Also, the idea that Bratt and Sharangovich aren't "helping" others when they go "cold" is absurd.

Everyone's favorite scoring target has been held without a goal in 20 of 36 games this year including streaks of 9 (avg 4.66 s/g) and 6 (3.66 s/g) - sometimes the puck just doesn't go in.

Reactions: Devs3cups

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I think you mean Jan and while i agree that was my goal to play meaningful games into the new year this isn't exactly how i wanted it. its one thing to be fighting for a playoff spot right now which is what i thought would happen. as to what we are doing now where we are sinking out of a playoff spot which is totally different.
Yeah my bad meant Januray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad