GDT: Animal House, Bruins @ Devils, 7:30 TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
No offense comments like these reflect more poorly on the poster than the player.

Calling a split second reaction a " dumb play" makes it appear that one has never played hockey - nor any sport.

I'm sure he would have preferred the puck didn't go right to the Bruin but that wasn't the case.

The sequence started with the brutal
PP immediately before the transition. Few on here have alluded to the ensuing turn in momentum.

I get it was a split second decision, but if you PLAY hockey you generally know not to throw shit up the middle/diagonally up the ice without care. On your ass trying to make a play, don't sweep it to the middle of the ice in your own D zone, unless you know you have a solid play.

But, why you got to make it somehow personal towards the poster. I've seen you use a similar phrase against someone else here, not right.

Since you are asking, I played league/organized hockey for about 7- 8 years (first as a D, then as a forward), until my 3rd HS year - back in the mid/late 90s to 2000. But none of that should matter here anyway.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Just because it was a “split second reaction” doesn’t mean it wasn’t an absolutely dumb play. Throwing the puck weakly up the center of the ice with no one but Bruins around, especially in the defensive zone, is never a good play.

What an insane statement.

He's on his knees and facing the middle of the ice. And it's a split-second play. But in that time he's supposed to change direction?

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
He's on his knees and facing the middle of the ice. And it's a split-second play. But in that time he's supposed to change direction?

Use the boards and/or your teammate who is right next to you. He could have simply pushed it to Thompson who could have had a better chance of clearing the zone than what he tried to do.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

He could have made a better play, is what people are trying to make clear to you. Is he always going to do stupid plays like that? No, I'm sure McLeod knew the moment he made the play after it was bad. You saw it in his body-language, but it was still BAD play to make in a close-tight game.

Reactions: NJDevs26

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ

Or just not throw it blindly up the middle?

Literally every play is a “split-second” decision. So by your reasoning, there’s no such thing as a bad play I’m guessing?

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Camille the Eel

Use the boards and/or your teammate who is right next to you. He could have simply pushed it to Thompson who could have had a better chance of clearing the zone than what he tried to do.
He could perhaps have done nothing too. just tried to corral it, tangle it up and buy time. He himself knows it wasn't a good play at any rate. Throwing the puck blindly to the center of the ice when there are opposing players is generally a very poor choice but McLeod has been solid for us and everybody makes mistakes. It's when the same mistakes get repeated endlessly - à la Severson - that you worry and give up on a guy a little. Nobody can get too down on a player when he learns from a mistake.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I don’t think the locker room gives one shit about the media, nor should they.
yikes hot take... lol

i dont know why anyone even covers the team then why even have press conferences afterwards. just show up play the game and go home no? again if you can't face the music when times are bad and only when they are good? its not a mature look.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Right...that's why coaches regularly use bulletin board material. Because obviously nobody cares.
That has little to do with what I said. That’s about being disrespected or slighted and using it as motivation. Has nothing to do with whether a player is nice to a reporter or not.

You guys are going absolutely rip the Penguins apart tomorrow.
If the trend continues, we’ll look pretty good, convert on none of our chances, and lose another 1 goal game.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
yikes hot take... lol

i dont know why anyone even covers the team then why even have press conferences afterwards. just show up play the game and go home no? again if you can't face the music when times are bad and only when they are good? its not a mature look.
Do you know the average age of this team? LOL

Hopefully they are learning from all this.

Reactions: Devs3cups

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Do you know the average age of this team? LOL

Hopefully they are learning from all this.

they are still paid a ton of money to play a sport so the least they can do is not act like little babies but hey thats just me. if you can act all giddy when on a 9 game heater then suck it up and deal with the press when shit is going bad. its amazing how this franchise can go from strong culture to the way things are run now.

The actual hot take
to each their own i guess. i like to hold the faces of the franchise accountable

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
they are still paid a ton of money to play a sport so the least they can do is not act like little babies but hey thats just me. if you can act all giddy when on a 9 game heater then suck it up and deal with the press when shit is going bad. its amazing how this franchise can go from strong culture to the way things are run now.
How are things run now?

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
What do you see that is driving this conclusion?

(and aren't you a also Pens fan, or am I mistaken.. is this some reverse jinxing or something)

Sullivan is off the deep end in terms of his pairings and vet loving. I can’t see the Devils top six not absolutely tearing apart the shut down unit which is consisted of the worst D pairing in the league in Dumo - Rutta and McGinn - Carter - Heinen which is also one of the worst lines in the league.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Sullivan is off the deep end in terms of his pairings and vet loving. I can’t see the Devils top six not absolutely tearing apart the shut down unit which is consisted of the worst D pairing in the league in Dumo - Rutta and McGinn - Carter - Heinen which is also one of the worst lines in the league.

Ok, well its possible we will tear up the weaker pair, but we also aren't scoring goals when we should be burying them.

If you've been watching (not saying you haven't), literally, this squad right now can generate 5 golden grade A chances in a period and we're not still not burying them. I'm talking about our Grade A chances (breakaways, half-breaks, 2 on 1s, open nets), for Grade A point guys. They find a way NOT to score. Hughes, Bratt, Nico (to a degree), and the others who are supposed to pot points (Sharangovich, Mercer, Tatar, etc)

Also your buddy Marino is out, while he was bad for Pen, he was good for us..... No graves either, so effectively a middle pairing is missing.

Last edited:

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
It’s a shame to have to analyze goal by goal, but my god what an infuriatingly dumb play by McLeod that gave the Bruins the first goal of the game. You don’t do that shit and who knows how the rest of the game plays out? Instead we have to play from behind from there on until Nico tied it.
This is part of the frustrating part for me. We get SO many chances that don’t go in, but it seems like every single mistake we make ends up in the back of our net. Shitty luck tight now, but they won’t keep shooting <6%.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ
If lou was gm he would not be excepting this collapse... there would be a trade in the making ...someone who could actually score a goal ...not someone who flubs empty net shots game after game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad