Recalled/Assigned: Angelidis, Gudlevskis, Marchessault and Witkowski assigned to Syracuse

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Could be the case but he's skating hasn't improved nearly enough and his scoring ability stagnated. He has some size but not much else to his game, I'm not even sure he can use his size effectively. I would've waited one more year to see how his senior year went before offering.

Soft and Slow...he looked slow even at the rookie tournament as a standard and he was actually avoiding full on contact on the boards. Some players will not finish their check on the boards no matter what...Filppula. Some players go in with reckless abandon...Callahan. Some players know they have to finish their checks...and slow down to a crawl and kinda turn to the side a bit and kinda just slowly hit half the glass and half the player...this is Hart. He did ok standing in front of the crease. But soft and slow for sure...

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm pretty sure JAM will make it through to Syracuse. For those worried because of what happened with Panik a year ago, I think there's an entirely different view of them from around the league. The difference between Panik and JAM is Panik was a sexy, highly ranked prospect. Panik was a player who many had ranked to go in the 1st round of his draft year. A number of things like attitude and effort made him fall to pick #52, but his talent and pure skill made you drool. From the WJC and other international stages, to scoring highlight reel goals in the OHL, to being an AHL All-Star, to his appearances in our back to back Calder Cup runs, every scout around the league knows who Richard Panik is and had him on their radar. The feeling with Panik has always been if he could put it all together, he'd be a top player.

JAM on the other hand because of his small size has always been overlooked. And while we love JAM because of his hustle, I don't think that's enough for other GMs to have any more interest to add a 5-9 guy unless he can prove he can put up points. Simply, teams want Tyler Johnsons, not Cory Conachers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad