Tribute Andy Greene Retires a Devil

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Definitely one of the only defensemen you can identify with the team between Rafalski and present day. I would say probably THE ONLY other than maybe Severson.
Peter Harrold and Karl Stollery come to mind.

Just kidding. Greene was one of my favorite players during his tenure here. Just poised, positionally sound, and could play in all situations. At his peak Id argue he was a top 20 d-man in the league.

• Haha
Reactions: Bleedred

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
devils-playoff-beards-e281efb491cbed70.jpg

It's a shame we didn't get to see it more often, but what a miraculous playoff beard.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
My Andy Greene story. I might have posted this before (if I have, sorry). We were fortunate to be able to go to Sweden back in 2018 for the Global Series. A couple hours after the game we were in the hotel lobby when Andy and Brian Boyle came downstairs. Boyle was extremely cordial (no surprise there) as was Andy. We asked if we could get a couple pictures and Boyle was more than happy to. Greene said he had to get back to his room and get his bags ready to be loaded onto the teams bus, but he'd come back right away. We figured that would be the last we saw of him but just the chance to say hello was cool. Ten minutes later, here comes Andy in very casual clothes - shirt, pants, hat on backwards and barefoot! :D He spoke with us for a good 15 minutes asking where we were from, thanking us for coming all the way from the U.S. to see the game and just general conversation. He then said let's get some pics which was the icing on the cake. :)

So there we have our Andy Greene moment. :) Gracious, personable and a true professional on and off the ice. Congratulations to the Captain! So happy to hear he will remain with the Devils in some capacity and we're looking forward to Saturday!

Still debating on whether to post a pic or not. Maybe after a couple drinks tonight. ;)

EDIT: Here goes ..... :oops:

20181007_004028b.jpg

Last edited:

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
My Andy Greene story. I might have posted this before (if I have, sorry). We were fortunate to be able to go to Sweden back in 2018 for the Global Series. A couple hours after the game we were in the hotel lobby when Andy and Brian Boyle came downstairs. Boyle was extremely cordial (no surprise there) as was Andy. We asked if we could get a couple pictures and Boyle was more than happy to. Greene said he had to get back to his room and get his bags ready to be loaded onto the teams bus, but he'd come back right away. We figured that would be the last we saw of him but just the chance to say hello was cool. Ten minutes later, here comes Andy in very casual clothes - shirt, pants, hat on backwards and barefoot! :D He spoke with us for a good 15 minutes asking where we were from, thanking us for coming all the way from the U.S. to see the game and just general conversation. He then said let's get some pics which was the icing on the cake. :)

So there we have our Andy Greene moment. :) Gracious, personable and a true professional on and off the ice. Congratulations to the Captain! So happy to hear he will remain with the Devils in some capacity and we're looking forward to Saturday!

Still debating on whether to post a pic or not. Maybe after a couple drinks tonight. ;)

oh post it. what's the harm?

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

It’s things like that which make it great to root for a guy like that.

Reactions: Patrik26

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad