Tribute Andy Greene Retires a Devil

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Greene, at his height, was underrated around the league because he wasn’t flashy. He could do almost everything at a pretty high level at his peak.

“Greene will be acknowledged by the Devils for his time with the organization during the club's home opener on October 15 versus the Detroit Red Wings, Greene's hometown team. He and his family will participate in the ceremonial puck drop. Additionally, he will join the MSG broadcast for a first intermission interview with Erika Wachter and his former teammate and predecessor as captain, Bryce Salvador.”

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
He was just such a steady presence on the backend for a lot of years. His peak is definitely underrated league-wide, and maybe even amongst some Devils fans too.

I love the fact that him and Zajac signed one day contracts to officially retire as Devils. It just feels right.

forceten

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Just a lovely guy and great, steady player. I recall taking my son to a Devils-Canes game here in Raleigh (wearing Devils gear, natch) and pointed him out during warmups, saying, that's our captain Andy Greene. He's been a great player for us, doesn't get enough credit, and is just so steady and reliable. He must have heard because he looked over - and flipped my son the puck - over the heads of a bunch of ladies who were begging for one. Made my son's night - he still has the puck all these years later.

Congratulations on an amazing career!

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
The Working mans Captain! A guy who wasn't gifted great talent but worked his ass off to become a great captain and a great Defenseman.

probably should also be a thread on the main board I think if anyone wants to do it, If not I might later today.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad