Confirmed with Link: Andrighetto, Carr, Barberio and Danault receive qualifying offers

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Actually, offering lower than the QO if you think that's what the player is worth is a good tactic. There is no reason why Bergevin shouldn't try it with guys like Bennett who would have a hard time getting an NHL deal elsewhere. I'm sure Bennett would take a pay-cut on a NHL deal rather than a AHL deal.

If he refuses, you either submit the QO if you really wanna keep him or let him go.

Also, QO are 1-year deal and Bergevin could try to sign some of these guys for 2-3 years.

There is still almost a month to submit QO, so there is time to negociate.

Bennett playing on the 2016/17 roster is unlikely, so a one way deal achieves nothing for the team other than throw money out of the window.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Bennett playing on the 2016/17 roster is unlikely, so a one way deal achieves nothing for the team other than throw money out of the window.

And you wasted a contract on your limit of 50 for a guy you deemed unworthy of a QO

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Too funny....wasn't it just last year or the one before that people were raving about Bennett?

CharlesHabsFan

Jun 28, 2012
Sherbrooke, QC
Boy this is so much more intelligent talk here than the talkbacks on RDS on the same subject... This is refreshing.

Glad to see QO for Carr, Barbario, Andrighetto and Danault. All of them deserved the offers. Maybe not all three forwards will play next year with the team, but they are good reinforcements to the lineup.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Was talking about 2-way deal vs AHL deal.

Or you want to save 100k or so on his contract.

Who cares about saving money on his contract? The only thing that really matters to us fans with Molson as owner is the amount of cap space the contract takes when the player is on the NHL roster. In this case it will be 0 regardless.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Who cares about saving money on his contract? The only thing that really matters to us fans with Molson as owner is the amount of cap space the contract takes when the player is on the NHL roster. In this case it will be 0 regardless.

I'm pretty sure Molson is very interested in saving 100k, cap or not. It may not matter to the fans, but it matter financially.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Too funny....wasn't it just last year or the one before that people were raving about Bennett?

I don't think I've ever seen anyone rave about Bennett. A couple posters believed in him being decent. Mostly the few posters who seen him play at Michigan.

I feel like Parisi might be what some were hoping Bennett could be. Don't know if he cracks our top 6 though but he projects better than Bennett playing a similar style.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I'd lock Ghetto for several seasons at this point. 3 years @ around 1 mil per. Years 2 and 3 of the contract will end-up being a hell of a bargain.

This kid has really high hockey IQ and really good passing skills. He would fit nicely with Chucky for several seasons.

Habaddict

Apr 12, 2009
toronto
I'd lock Ghetto for several seasons at this point. 3 years @ around 1 mil per. Years 2 and 3 of the contract will end-up being a hell of a bargain.

This kid has really high hockey IQ and really good passing skills. He would fit nicely with Chucky for several seasons.

If you could get 3 years at 1m that sounds like a good deal. But you'd think
he'd be reluctant to go that long unless he got more in the last 2 years. It
looks like a top 6 role is a possibility, and then you'd be certainly right about
a bargain.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Carr will become our new Michael Ryder. Not flashy but great shot and knows how to get open.

I expect a big season from him.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Define big season please

Better than last season.

I'm not good at predicting the future so no need in throwing a guess out there. Throughout his career, he has shown he can score goals. And like Michael Ryder, he usually scores more goals than produce assists. The Habs need another goal score to complement Max and Chucky.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Better than last season.

I'm not good at predicting the future so no need in throwing a guess out there. Throughout his career, he has shown he can score goals. And like Michael Ryder, he usually scores more goals than produce assists. The Habs need another goal score to complement Max and Chucky.

And that's why Bergevin most acquire one through trade or ufa. If any of us our counting on andrighetto and Carr to the solution on for the top 6 , it's gonna be a long season

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't think I've ever seen anyone rave about Bennett. A couple posters believed in him being decent. Mostly the few posters who seen him play at Michigan.

I feel like Parisi might be what some were hoping Bennett could be. Don't know if he cracks our top 6 though but he projects better than Bennett playing a similar style.

Bennett was better at Michigan then Pateryn was but Pateryn had NHL size/strength and Bennett clearly didn't. That said I hated the way the coaching staff used him. Last year he was solid but would get benched for Joe Finley. This year he was playing well and was one of the few plus players on the team but then they started giving his ice time away as he went from playing 18 games in the first 2 months and was a +3, to playing 17 games the rest of the year and was a -14.

Clearly he struggled from the up and down playing time. I liked Bennett a lot at Michigan and thought he might be someone to keep an eye on in the AHL as he's a top notch skater that can rush the puck up ice with ease but also is solid in his own end. His lack of size and strength have always been a concern and they continue to be. He did well when paired up with Didier who is big and strong. Really don't get why they just started cutting his ice time. Granted he wasn't playing lights out and I don't know how much of a future he has in the AHL, but I still think they should have given him more of a look.

I never thought too much about Ghetto's passing skills and IQ, to me it was always his speed and shot that impressed me the most. Would not lock him up 3 years, I assume he gets a 1 year 1 way, maybe 2 years but would be a bit surprised if that's the case. I always felt that if he could find a way to be more consistent he's going to be a solid NHLer. So now we just need to see if he can build off what he did last year.

Carr will become our new Michael Ryder. Not flashy but great shot and knows how to get open.

I expect a big season from him.

He does have a great shot but unlike Ryder he has a higher compete level and is better in his own end. But he's also on the skinny side and lacks strength. For me he plays more like Gallagher but minus the strength which makes me at least wonder how his frame will hold up under the abuse he will take being around the net so much. Gallagher is so strong and even then you worry about how his body will hold up long term as he gets so much abuse being so close to the net.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Carr might come close to 15-17 goals but no way does he come near Ryder's totals.

Ryder had 25 goals for the Habs in his first season. Carr had 6 in 23 games last season. He was looking really good before his injury.

I think he will continue to surprise people.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
And that's why Bergevin most acquire one through trade or ufa. If any of us our counting on andrighetto and Carr to the solution on for the top 6 , it's gonna be a long season

With all due respect, we are talking about the players who received qo's. There is a Bergevin thread.

Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad