Confirmed with Link: Andrighetto, Carr, Barberio and Danault receive qualifying offers

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...io-and-danault-receive-qualifying-offers-habs

I'm putting this as a rumor since it hasn't been officially confirmed but it looks like Sven Andrighetto, Daniel Carr, Mark Barberio, and Phillip Danault have all received qualifying offers from Bergevin.

Under the terms of the National Hockey League Collective Bargaining Agreement, there is a certain minimum that would need to be offered as part of the qualifying offer based on the previous season's salary:

Andrighetto and Barberio, making less than $660K last season, would need to be offered a minimum of 110% of last year's salary (Andrighetto $726K, Barberio $660K).
Carr and Danault, earning between $660K and $1M, would need to be offered a minimum of 105% of last year's salary, but not exceed $1M. (Carr $981,750, Danault $915,750).

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The more interesting question is did any of our RFAs not get a QO?

It's in the article:

The remaining players who would need to receive a qualifying offer by 5:00pm on Monday June 27th are Mac Bennett, Morgan Ellis, Max Friberg, Lucas Lessio, Darren Dietz, Joel Hanley and Michael Bournival. It was already reported yesterday that Bournival's agent is yet to hear from the Canadiens regarding a contract extension.

Also if the club is interested in keeping the rights to Magnus Nygren and Joonas Nattinen, both currently under contract in Sweden after leaving North America, then they too would need to receive symbolic qualifying offers.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Andrighetto, Barberio, Carr and Danault received QO's

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hocke...adien-mark-barberio-aura-une-autre-chance.php

I wanted to put this on the Bergevin thread, but that thread is mostly a clusfertuck of circular arguments.

I don't think those QO's come as a surprise. The most interesting is probably the list of players who didn't receive one. Apparently, Lessio, Hanley, Dietz, Ellis, Bennett and Bournival didn'T receive a QO yet.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
We have a month or so to qualify the rest.

Lessio, Hanley, Dietz and Ellis will all get a QO. Bennett and Bournival, no idea.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
^ thanks hoto.

I expect Bournival/Friberg, Ellis, Lessio, Dietz and Hanley to be signed too. Could see Bergevin waiting to sign a guy like Hanley on July 1st with sending a QO so he can sign him for cheaper. It will interesting to see what happens with Nygren although I think him and the Habs organization are done.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
We have a month or so to qualify the rest.

Lessio, Hanley, Dietz and Ellis will all get a QO. Bennett and Bournival, no idea.

Lessio Dietz, and Ellis should get one. I would part ways with Hanley, Bennett and Bournival. I don't buy the Hanley hype based on his stint with us. We should be able to do better than him. But I guess that his last stint will secure him an offer.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Not surprising news.

But I do think this spells the end for Bournival with the Habs.

He got the green light from doctors but Im not sure the Canadiens want to take a chance on him with his history of head injuries.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I could see the Habs part ways with Bournival and Bennett. There's only so many contracts to go around. Bournival should probably retire at this point. Too many concussions.

Lessio and Dietz should definitely get one.

I can go either way on Hanley, Ellis, or Friberg. We'll probably need them in AHL next year, but if they don't get signed it's no big loss either.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
Lessio/Dietz/Hanley should get one. Friburg id like to see get one. Bournival should retire and look after his health. I feel so bad for him.

Ellis, well you can't have too much depth on D.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Considering Ellis was our top dman. I would want him back unless they plan on signing a top tier AHL defenseman like Brennan or Kostka.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hocke...adien-mark-barberio-aura-une-autre-chance.php

I wanted to put this on the Bergevin thread, but that thread is mostly a clusfertuck of circular arguments.

I don't think those QO's come as a surprise. The most interesting is probably the list of players who didn't receive one. Apparently, Lessio, Hanley, Dietz, Ellis, Bennett and Bournival didn'T receive a QO yet.

Don't forget Max Friberg, the Swedish sniper from the WJHC's 2012 edition, lit it up with 9 goals + 2 asst's in 6 gms Sweden finished with Gold. So many fans worry about the stats, the 143rd pick in 2011 has worked hard to become physically able to play in the AHL/NHL, IMHO. This young man is talented and wants to be an NHLer, bigtime drive to succeed the very type that helps win Championships. :nod::nod::nod:

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Good to hear. I appreciate the info.

We are approaching a definite fun time of the year!!

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
forgot about Barberio. I thought he was a pleasant surprise. Wonder if he still has room to improve. I like him as a bottom pairing guy.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
forgot about Barberio. I thought he was a pleasant surprise. Wonder if he still has room to improve. I like him as a bottom pairing guy.

Maybe, maybe not. But i don't think he'll ever be anything special.

But as long as his salary remains close to 1 millions he is a good guy to have around. Same with Pateryn.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Nygren is the only one who I could really see rejecting. Not to get more money but to get out of the Habs' organization.

I meant just not signing the qualifying offer, not rejecting all contract offers. I think players reject qualifying offers often, the term always being 1 year, it doesn't mean they don't sign though.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Nygren is the only one who I could really see rejecting. Not to get more money but to get out of the Habs' organization.

As far as i know a player can't reject a QO. He can refuse to sign at this salary and term of course but as soon as the QO is offered the team keeps the right to the player as a RFA.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
As far as i know a player can't reject a QO. He can refuse to sign at this salary and term of course but as soon as the QO is offered the team keeps the right to the player as a RFA.

For some reason I thought it was different for players in Europe but you might be right. I'll wait until montreal gets here, he'll know :laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
For some reason I thought it was different for players in Europe but you might be right. I'll wait until montreal gets here, he'll know :laugh:

Honestly i'm not sure. It's different for players who never played in the NHL and don't have an NHL contract for sure. Like Before Emelin signed here.

But since Nygren had an NHL contract and was loaned to his European team i think he is still considered an NHL/AHL player even if he didn't play in the NHL/AHL. Not 100% sure though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad