Andrews on SXM: 31st AHL team coming 2018-19

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
uh, too little, too late, Fenway, I'm not sure the Kings would've entertained that option even back then, they said they're not going anywhere even when they sold the ownership end.....

source, because frankly, Manchester stays right where it is, now, with Worcester and Portland aboard, now, I don't really see the Kings leaving because Ontario and some clause legally goes with that....

do you have a source for the legal clause you mention relative to Ontario? Or for the Kings saying they will stay in Manchester permanently?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
do you have a source for the legal clause you mention relative to Ontario? Or for the Kings saying they will stay in Manchester permanently?

take a looksee at when the Monarchs were sold to local owners, Royals, did it not state that Robitaille has no intention of leaving Manchester, whether they own and operate it, or just be the affiliate?

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
take a looksee at when the Monarchs were sold to local owners, Royals, did it not state that Robitaille has no intention of leaving Manchester, whether they own and operate it, or just be the affiliate?

Making a comment to appease the locals isn't exactly a binding contract.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA

I was mostly just giving you a hard time. In the same "sentence" where you demand a source from Fenway for his statement about Providence, you make other claims with no sources to back them up. If you are going to require everyone else to quote sources for their statements, then you should be providing sources for your statements. Also, telling me to look it up isn't providing a source. You should provide a link to the news article or press release.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I was mostly just giving you a hard time. In the same "sentence" where you demand a source from Fenway for his statement about Providence, you make other claims with no sources to back them up. If you are going to require everyone else to quote sources for their statements, then you should be providing sources for your statements. Also, telling me to look it up isn't providing a source. You should provide a link to the news article or press release.

uh, hello, since when is Manchester an AHL Market, hasn't been since 2015-16, royals:shakehead

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven

uh, hello, since when is Manchester an AHL Market, hasn't been since 2015-16, royals:shakehead

Honor the request, Hutch

Cacciaguida

Jan 11, 2010
Ottawa
Manchester, NH will make a big push as the ECHL is not really working there. Friends who supported the Monarchs said it was a thrill to see the Kings win 2 Cups because many of the players came through Manchester, but very few ECHL players make it to the NHL.

Portland, Maine is to risky and frankly the NBA D-League team has done a good job in attracting families and the market isn't that big.

St. John's could be a sleeper but I think they need Quebec to get a team to have any chance.

the ECHL is not the problem it's their marketing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C64OrsXnYA

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
not when it's already been discussed on the ECHL Forum, ALREADY....

but from 8/2/16

http://www.wmur.com/article/monarchs-sold-from-kings-to-boston-owners/521637

again, not sure why we're discussing a former AHL Market, due to the Pacific Division switch that occurred the same year, or a over a year ago now

Ya know for once we are in complete agreement about something...let's all stop talking about markets that do not house AHL teams in this forums...they are for AHL MARKETS ONLY..so please no more talk about manchester and other cities like portland and st johns etc

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
Ya know for once we are in complete agreement about something...let's all stop talking about markets that do not house AHL teams in this forums...they are for AHL MARKETS ONLY..so please no more talk about manchester and other cities like portland and st johns etc

And they are not even on the radar to become AHL markets anytime soon either.

Major4Boarding

Unfamiliar Moderator
Jan 30, 2009
South of Heaven
not when it's already been discussed on the ECHL Forum, ALREADY....

but from 8/2/16

http://www.wmur.com/article/monarchs-sold-from-kings-to-boston-owners/521637

again, not sure why we're discussing a former AHL Market, due to the Pacific Division switch that occurred the same year, or a over a year ago now

Not everyone is going to know that it exists in another thread.

In other words, show your work from now on. Regardless

By the way, here's a working link

http://www.wmur.com/article/monarchs-sold-from-kings-to-boston-owners/5213607

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
BECAUSE it's no longer an AHL Market, Gr....most of us posters do visit other parts of these forums, and those were the discussions were centered around those, not on this forum.

I was just replying that your link to the story did not work. That is all. I know that Manchester is a former AHL team just like St John's Ice Caps and your Portland Pirates are former AHL teams. I visit other forums as well on this board. Learn to read posts next time.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I was just replying that your link to the story did not work. That is all. I know that Manchester is a former AHL team just like St John's Ice Caps and your Portland Pirates are former AHL teams. I visit other forums as well on this board. Learn to read posts next time.

hey I provided a link of which I was asked:shakehead

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
So Colorado seems to be the front runner to be the 31st AHL franchise.

Any other cities that could possibly surpass Colorado to become the 31st AHL franchise.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
So Colorado seems to be the front runner to be the 31st AHL franchise.

Any other cities that could possibly surpass Colorado to become the 31st AHL franchise.

No Chance....As Ive been saying for months now...Coloradois buying 31st and putting it in loveland and st louis will share San Antonio this year and move there permanently in 18-19

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
No Chance....As Ive been saying for months now...Coloradois buying 31st and putting it in loveland and st louis will share San Antonio this year and move there permanently in 18-19

You and half the hockey world...but of course there's a chance it could be someone else. I'd venture the odds are against it, but there's still a chance.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I personally think no matter who is given the 31st affiliate it should go to Kansas City. Kansas City owns the team.

Also, Colorado is better off with the Rampage than getting their own affiliate.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
You and half the hockey world...but of course there's a chance it could be someone else. I'd venture the odds are against it, but there's still a chance.

Very true and if youll recall... everyone was saying st louis etc or vegas and I said then exactly what is happening... even when told I didnt know what I was talking about.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I personally think no matter who is given the 31st affiliate it should go to Kansas City. Kansas City owns the team.

Also, Colorado is better off with the Rampage than getting their own affiliate.

no league will ever enter Kansas City, and the Hunts now seem to have that region covered now as the Mavericks have taken over that end of the marketing.... the only way any team/franchise, hockey-wise will ever entertain it is will the hard-line on the Sprint Center end politically, Kansas City doesn't own anything, and Independence, where the Mavericks are, isn't KC, uturris, no matter who operates there....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad