Player Discussion Andrew Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Most disappointing player of the series so far. Pacioretty always sucked in big games, so it was expected. Danault is playing his first playoff series. This guy was supposed to be a major force in the playoffs.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
He's had a solid series so far. Looked great with Chucky and Lehky. Wish they'd stay together but I think they'll get broken up to try and get Patches going like last game.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Shaw has not been good at all, I thought he would turn into a hero in the playoffs during times of pressure. He will need to be at his best in game 5, we really need him to be. Just a side question, what exactly made him such a vital part of the Hawks cup runs?

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Shaw has not been good at all, I thought he would turn into a hero in the playoffs during times of pressure. He will need to be at his best in game 5, we really need him to be. Just a side question, what exactly made him such a vital part of the Hawks cup runs?

Playing with Toews, Kane and Hossa often makes you look good.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
Most disappointing player of the series so far. Pacioretty always sucked in big games, so it was expected. Danault is playing his first playoff series. This guy was supposed to be a major force in the playoffs.

if you're expecting PPG well of course he's going to ba a disappointment. He's been very good on the forecheck, most of his shifts are in the offensive zone.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Well tbh I knew that already, I am just more amazed about how they all credited Shawzie in an attempt to get more for him in trade. I actually thought that collectively the hawks were a savage organization.:laugh::laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

He was not really. The key players were Toews, Hossa, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Crawford, Sharp, Bickell in 2013, Richards in 2015, ...

Shaw has 35 points in 71 playoffs games. It's not bad but it's not key either. The most goals he scored in a playoffs year is 5 and that was in over 20 games.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
if you're expecting PPG well of course he's going to ba a disappointment. He's been very good on the forecheck, most of his shifts are in the offensive zone.

I don't think anybody expect 1 ppg. But 0 point in 4 games come one. He's not paid 2 or 3 millions. He's paid the salary of a 2nd line player. He's not been very good. He's average at best. And it's not enough.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He was not really. The key players were Toews, Hossa, Kane, Keith, Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Crawford, Sharp, Bickell in 2013, Richards in 2015, ...

Shaw has 35 points in 71 playoffs games. It's not bad but it's not key either. The most goals he scored in a playoffs year is 5 and that was in over 20 games.

But they all came out and said how they collectively hated to lose him, was it just a move to elevate his value in a trade scenario? He is just under 4 per and plays like a league minimum player. Shawzie!!!!

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
But they all came out and said how they collectively hated to lose him, was it just a move to elevate his value in a trade scenario? He is just under 4 per and plays like a league minimum player. Shawzie!!!!

He is overpaid but I wouldn't say league minimum. Also i feel the players he played with are really gonna miss him and that he did help them win. He's just a good complimentary player, he can't be that guy on the line though.

Jul 6, 2016
So far our playoffs "warriors" and SC winners, King and Shaw, are not cutting it.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I don't think anybody expect 1 ppg. But 0 point in 4 games come one. He's not paid 2 or 3 millions. He's paid the salary of a 2nd line player. He's not been very good. He's average at best. And it's not enough.

But he replaced eller and is a better playoff warrior. :laugh:

I could care less about how average he is playing, he is not as advertised as many of us thought because he doesn't have anyone not in net of the same caliber on this team skillwise(maybe radulov)> However he has to pull his head out of his rear and play a little better. Not light years better but decent passing would be a start.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014

Howa that working out for their line mates this playoffs?

Shaw missed three grade A chances this series but aside from that his board work has been stellar since moving back to wing in game 3

If only he scored that breakaway in the first yesterday we would be clinching tomorrow

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He is overpaid but I wouldn't say league minimum. Also i feel the players he played with are really gonna miss him and that he did help them win. He's just a good complimentary player, he can't be that guy on the line though.

I am drinking and the league minimum comment was the booze talking but man, Paul Byron makes a million per, perspective I guess.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

I'm not expecting PPG. He is supposed to be a playoff warrior and he has sucked as that role.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I'd probably rather have Eller + Abramov + Dahlen than Shaw + whoever's available at damn near the 3rd round this year + whoever's available at damn near the 3rd round next year.

Yep, I'd still rather have the former over the latter.

Andrew ''playoff warrior'' ''hates to lose'' Shaw. ''You'll all see once the playoffs are here!'' we were told.

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Toews or no Toews...Kane or no Kane...Shaw was awesome for Chicago...he was a tougher/grittier/HOTTER/better-Gallagher for Chicago. He'd drive the net, he'd win battles in corners, he'd score...he did a lot for Chicago...did a lot of dirty blue collar work (and also did some white collar work for them, too!). There's a reason the coach played him with Toews and Kane (any coach would). It's not like when 5'5 DD played with Cole and Pacioretty for his 50pts+ season! Shaw was a treat to watch with Chicago and he will treat you soon as a Hab, as well...patience.

At least I see Shaw trying and doing good things out there (including a breakaway). Matter of time before he's rewarded for his work...patience, and meanwhile at least he's not floating around out there and also being a defensive liability like our fake captain.

And, if some of you will bash Shaw for his $3.9mil/yr...you better bash Markov for his nonchalance on that first goal in game 4. Way way too casual. Not the first time I see this from Markov...and in playoffs (again). Really hope we don't see this kind of mistake again from Markov in the playoffs...'cause I've been good/ok with him until that game 4 mistake of his. We have way too many players who lack a sense of urgency. It's the ***** playoffs for **** sakes. Not the SOFT regular season. Wake the **** up.

Pacioretty is the one that deserves big time bashing.
He's not only a huge floater and zero offensively...but he's also a huge zero defensively. It's as if Pacioretty is playing for the Rangers since all he's doing is helping them beat us. I've had enough of this fake captain and I'm also tired of his mundane interviews...even after a win (''glad we won 'cause I didn't want to answer the same questions as last game''). He's such a bitter captain. Can't wait till this huge zero leaves. He's barely a $1-2mil/yr player (floater) during the playoffs. I'd take less goals in the SUPER SOFT regular season from him for more goals or passion/grit/heart/defense in the playoffs. Makes me so angry to watch him in playoffs float around.

Pacioretty (playoff floater/useless tin man/fake captain) is the complete opposite of PK Subban (huge playoff winner) in playoffs.

Go Shaw Go!! (prove 'em all wrong, well some of 'em!;)).

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He's played less than Dwight King the last two games which makes no sense.

He can obviously do better, but he should be playing a bit more as he's a guy who will go to the front of the net and given the rebounds Lundqvist is letting out that is where we will need to score from.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I wish he was more physical. This was the one thing I was hoping he'd evolve come playoff time. He really is just a 4M 30 point guy who can agitate and can tell stories of being on a modern day dynasty.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
I wish he was more physical. This was the one thing I was hoping he'd evolve come playoff time. He really is just a 4M 30 point guy who can agitate and can tell stories of being on a modern day dynasty.

Don't forget: he hates to lose. It doesn't matter if you and your inflated contract actually help the team win, just long as you hate it when you lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad