Confirmed with Link: Andrew Shaw traded to Chicago

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
I can't believe it. Marc Bergevin selling high on a bottom 6 "character" guy making way too much money. What is happening?

The return is slightly light but I am just beyond shocked that they actually did this and traded a guy like Shaw away.

Reactions: habsfan891

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I can't believe it. Marc Bergevin selling high on a bottom 6 "character" guy making way too much money. What is happening?

The return is slightly light but I am just beyond shocked that they actually did this and traded a guy like Shaw away.
Talent wins. Shaw is nice but duchene is better

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
Weak return. Does this mean we're overpaying some free agent. Dont like this at all.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd rather have 3.9 for Shaw instead of like 2.5 for Armia personally, but I will have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Hmmm I'll be patient like when we signed Radulov but it's a bittersweet feeling to see him go for a lower return than what we paid for. A few thoughts:

1) What was the point of acquiring him in the first place then? Teach the team how to be a winner?
2) How come we got a lower return when he was coming off a career year?
3) OTOH, kudos for Bergevin for doing what needed to be done in his regards. He sold him at the right time. I'm surprised he pulled the trigger given his past with Shaw and his status as a leader on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad