Andrew Shaw Retires

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I hope has a healthy life after hockey.

I appreciate that he was so effective at what he did given his lack of size. Had a lot of guts.

As for what he brought to the team, I thought he was everything that is wrong with the MB era. MB rarely gives up good futures. But he gave up two early 2nds for a guy with limited skill. Tells you all you need to know about why we currently have a team with limited skill.

The acquisitions were always: Prust, colby Armstrong, old steve ott, Shaw, Nick Cousins, Armia, etc... while taking players like Radulov and Markov for granted. He also used his most skilled prospect, Sergachev, to fill the need of a potential Francophone star. Again skill was an afterthought to something else.

Reactions: donghabs98

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
I'm glad he chose to end it early. I remember we were worried about it when he was with the habs but hopefully this a better late than never situation and the last few seasons didn't cause too much damage. Good player and seems like a good guy. Had a nice career and made some good money hopefully he can enjoy it

Reactions: Fenris and bonneaug

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
touching Video, I was a big Shaw fan. Hoping him the best in his after hockey life.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
I hope has a healthy life after hockey.

I appreciate that he was so effective at what he did given his lack of size. Had a lot of guts.

As for what he brought to the team, I thought he was everything that is wrong with the MB era. MB rarely gives up good futures. But he gave up two early 2nds for a guy with limited skill. Tells you all you need to know about why we currently have a team with limited skill.

The acquisitions were always: Prust, colby Armstrong, old steve ott, Shaw, Nick Cousins, Armia, etc... while taking players like Radulov and Markov for granted. He also used his most skilled prospect, Sergachev, to fill the need of a potential Francophone star. Again skill was an afterthought to something else.
Him and Prust played a similar role for us, and were VERY useful players for us until injuries took their toll.

Like someone else pointed out, Lehkonen and Domi had career years playing with Shaw.

You're right MB seriously mishandles talent, but these guys aren't necessarly the problem.

Reactions: Defangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad