Andrew Shaw Retires

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Still hate the trade, but that wasn't Shaw's fault. He was a good player and I particularly liked his last year here with Domi, he was awesome that year.

I did chuckle when I read his statement and saw Therrien was the only coach he didn't mention. Loved that lol.

He made a good decision to put his health first. He won a cup and made his money, so this is a wise choice.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
One of my favorite players by Shaw was when he headbutted a goal in overtime in the playoffs lol. Given he has been through a lot in his career injury wise, I am glad he is focusing on his personal life now rather than hockey.

Miss having guys like him and Prust in our bottom six who could wake up the team with a hit/fight and were always willing to stick up for teammates.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Can you guys that are using this platform to bash the Habs or Bergevin, just not do that and show some class instead?

Shaw was a warrior. He wasn’t pretty, and he could take some bad penalties, but he went to war every game for his team and his teammates. He went to all the hard places on the ice and he won more battles than he lost. He would stand in there and drop the gloves for his team as well. His style of play won him two Cups, and cost him his health and career. I hope he’s able to recover some of that health and enjoy his retirement. Thank you for all your efforts as a Hab, Andrew! All the best in your retirement.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Could have kept Lars Eller and drafted debrincat instead of getting a middle 6 plugger who runs his own head into the glass constantly, eugh.

Oh well, I could see shaw going into a media role down the line if he can promise to keep his f bombs in check.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
What a take.....this is a hommage to Shaw thread, not a mock the Canadiens thread
My god, are people uptight or what ? Where is it writing it's an hommage ? And if you knew anything about the Hawks situation you would know, it was more a critic of that organization than anything else.

Anyways, I let you pay your respect to that 3rd liner who was a shadow here...

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
The Hawks weren't the same team without him. Even with the health concerns they brought him back. That level of passion and fearlessness is rare.

Enjoyed watching him play, hope he gets his health back.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
As others have said, I hated the trade. Hated that we lost Eller. But that isn't Shaw's fault. The guy gave his all every shift and played with heart - I respect him for that. Hope he has a bright and happy future ahead of him.

Reactions: Mandala

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
So glad he retired said to my son when he got traded to Chicago if I was his wife I would be scared every time he took the ice.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He made a smart decision. Always liked him but he was always a concussion away from retiring. Had a great career overall. And he's only 29 years old. I just hope he's not going to start a podcast.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I wasn't his biggest fan but he's certainly a heart and soul type of player, always with big effort and energy

Great career he had - unfortunate he has to retire earlier than expected, but glad he's able to get out healthy and very rich. Best of luck to him moving forward

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's too bad his career got cut short. He was actually playing his best hockey that year with Max domi. Those two had some unexpected synergy together.

He got traded abruptly that same summer. That could be at shaw's request though for all I know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad