Confirmed with Link: Andrew Shaw announces his retirement

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Another piece from our championship past gone too soon!

This year has seen no Toews, Crawford leave and retire, Seabrook try to come back and announce his retirement and Shaw playing and realizing the end has come.

Versteeg, Hossa, Sharp, Bickell, Bolland, Byfuglien, Campbell, and many more

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
As expected.

Love the guy too much to see him ruin the rest of his life with more concussions. Playing for a few extra years isn't worth forgetting who your family members are in your 50s.

Reactions: dj Mahoney

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Good Luck Andrew you were such a great Team guy !!! Replacing him will be tough,always thought Garret Ross might be similar

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Probably the right move for Shaw. To go from an UDFA to winning a few Cups and making millions of dollars, all white being as small as he is and playing the style of game he does. What a warrior.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Probably the right move for Shaw. To go from an UDFA to winning a few Cups and making millions of dollars, all white being as small as he is and playing the style of game he does. What a warrior.

Shaw was drafted (2011, 139th).

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Guy is a warrior. That photo with him holding the cup sums up his career perfectly. He will certainly be working with the Hawks going forward.

Probably should have retired after the last one. Hopefully he doesn't have any long term effects, as he's had A LOT of concussions.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They are one of the best organizations in the league in this regard. Maybe all of sports.

definitely, and would have to imagine having these guys stick around the org in some capacity will help maintain the culture through the likely lean years incoming with the full rebuild, hopefully they bring hossa back in some way after his contract expires this year

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
What a video....

I wish I could live as fully and passionately as Shawzy does. He should be insanely proud of his career and who he is as a person. We were luck to watch him for so many years.

I wish him the absolute best health and I hope he comes to work with the org asap!

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
THATS MY BOY!!!
My favorite player , watched him help win a 1st OHL Championship for the Owen Sound Attack and get drafted by the Hawks.
I felt he was a long shot to make A Stanley Cup Championship squad.
Then he played his first game and he played the same way he played in junior and took the Hawks by storm.
Saddest day was when he was traded to the Habs.
Best day was when they got him back.

A good decision for his health and his family, best of luck in the future.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Damn, all these Hawks retiring the last few years are really starting to make me feel my age.

Sooner than later every player who helped resurrect this franchise will be gone. Shit goes quick.

Best of luck Shaw, you f***ing animal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad