HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
178355826_476335023452287_8160697050876754012_n.jpg

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Heckuva career.

My favorite memory? Not the header. Not the shinpads.
It was the goal in Game 6 against Anaheim when he fought through Getlaf and scored on the backhand.

Hawks were down 3-2 in the series.
The Ducks had the best team in the Western Conference during the regular season and hadn't lost a single playoff game in regulation.
Hawks take a 3-0 lead in game 6 but Anaheim claws back and makes it 3-2.

Then Shaw seals the win by out-willing Ryan Getlaf to put the game away. That summed up the series right there.

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Heckuva career.
My favorite memory? Not the header. Not the shinpads.
It was the goal in Game 6 against Anaheim when he fought through Getlaf and scored on the backhand.

My favorite Shawsy too - tho shinpads epic no doubt.
Was there game 6 up in the rafters - or at least the UC's version of; bought an SRO ticket at the gate an hour before puck drop. Not saying I had anything to do w/ that win but somehow "Fate" told me I had - HAD - to be there that night.

Watching the video doesn't match my memory tho - me & all the other sardines packed shoulder to shoulder were in the SE corner of the stands, the Hawks coming our way the 1st & 3rd periods. Image stored in my brain is Shawsy skating right at us from the Hawks' end winning a loose puck race but no ... it's Desi dishing it towards the net.

Guess I should never be on a witness stand b/c I'd swear my version what actually happened. ;-)

Whatever tho, the UC did erupt in sheer bedlam Shaw's bagging that insurance marker. We were going back to ANA for game 7 and believe me, EVERYBODY walking down the exit ramps leaving KNEW there was no way the Beloved weren't winning that series.

Big players make big plays and ... for that one ...
Andrew Shaw = legend.

Love for Desi too of course.
Btw, Q had the two of them on the ice the final horn beating Tampa that year for the Cup - please excuse forget the 3rd member that 4th line that night (Hey you already know my memory fuzzy. ;-)

Looks like ol' Andrew made out okay too off the ice - beautiful wife & two kids to here.
Seems a dream life for the guy, he sure earned every shift he ever skated & a pretty girl's heart to boot too.
Good luck is a by product of hard work y'know ... ;-)
GoHawks.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
My favorite Shawsy too - tho shinpads epic no doubt.
Was there game 6 up in the rafters - or at least the UC's version of; bought an SRO ticket at the gate an hour before puck drop. Not saying I had anything to do w/ that win but somehow "Fate" told me I had - HAD - to be there that night.

Watching the video doesn't match my memory tho - me & all the other sardines packed shoulder to shoulder were in the SE corner of the stands, the Hawks coming our way the 1st & 3rd periods. Image stored in my brain is Shawsy skating right at us from the Hawks' end winning a loose puck race but no ... it's Desi dishing it towards the net.

Guess I should never be on a witness stand b/c I'd swear my version what actually happened. ;-)

Whatever tho, the UC did erupt in sheer bedlam Shaw's bagging that insurance marker. We were going back to ANA for game 7 and believe me, EVERYBODY walking down the exit ramps leaving KNEW there was no way the Beloved weren't winning that series.

Big players make big plays and ... for that one ...
Andrew Shaw = legend.

Love for Desi too of course.
Btw, Q had the two of them on the ice the final horn beating Tampa that year for the Cup - please excuse forget the 3rd member that 4th line that night (Hey you already know my memory fuzzy. ;-)

Looks like ol' Andrew made out okay too off the ice - beautiful wife & two kids to here.
Seems a dream life for the guy, he sure earned every shift he ever skated & a pretty girl's heart to boot too.
Good luck is a by product of hard work y'know ... ;-)
GoHawks.
Shaw did have an EN goal to close the game out as well. Sounds like that might be the goal you are referencing.

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Will always remember the disallowed headbutt goal and, "I love shinpads!" An integral part of two cups. 10 years in the show. Not bad for a 5th rounder. Enjoy your retirement Shawzy!

Reactions: WeAreSoPucked

swerdnase

Jan 27, 2013
Regarding that 5th round selection.

From Bob Verdi's article THE VERDICT: Hard-Working Shaw Endeared Himself to Teammates, Fans

Patrick Kane took a liking to the personable kid, but not before doing some quick math. Turns out Shaw had been completely ignored in the 2009 and 2010 drafts. So Kane multiplied two years by the prescribed seven rounds by 30 franchises and revised the situation.
"Actually," he informed Shaw, "you were the 559th overall choice in the 19th round."

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Tbh, I had moved on from Shaw years ago. Other than a few special players, I view the vast majority on a what have you done for me lately basis.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Best Shaw memory is the ref calling the no goal on the head but with that bizarre Canadian accent (not sure which part) - ‘the Chicago player used his head’

and bleeding in game 6 ‘17 seconds’ and Pierre saying ‘that puck did some serious damage’

Reactions: Hinterland

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
One of my favourite players ever. Sad to hear he's done and a tough blow for the Blackhawks but totally understandable and most likely the right decision. Hope he'll be fine healthwise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad