Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
You think Lindholm is only signing for $7m and didn’t hanifin already reject more money than that?

Also we both agreed previously we don’t want Lindholm at the length of term he will be commanding so not ideal
I do think Lindholm will be around there. And if Hanifin comes here it would be for a discount.

I don’t want Lindholm. I was using examples. There aren’t 1C available anyway so this is all kind of moot.

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I’ve been impressed with Andrew. Credit to the front office as he seems to fit in. He looks like what we will need to solidify the d in our zone in the playoffs. Plays physical and doesn’t panic. We won’t get goals from him (….now that I say that watch him score and OT winner in round one!) but he’s steady out there. Nice work Sweeney and crew!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I really like that he defends the net like a bulldog defending their home. Plays hard, physical and can move. Not much there offensively but that's ok. He does what you want your third pairing guy to do and as a bonus, he's a big RHD. I don't mind they pay a little extra for that.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
They need:

1. First line center
2. To give Debrusk a raise or find a replacement
3. Give swayman a raise
4. Find a LD
6. Find an Ullmark replacement
7. Replace one of heinen/jvr (lysell can replace 1)

They’ve been in this endless cycle of giving bottom pairing defenders too much money. John Moore, reilly, forbort and now bringing in Peeke.

Oh and also the looming Marchand replacement because they need to move him down a line or two at his age.

If you get a first line Center, then Zacha becomes your top line LW.

Ullmark's replacement will almost certainly come from the minors for short money .

I think the team is committed to Lohrei taking a bigger role next year, so in the end I don't think they will be bringing in a hugely expensive LHD ; although, they might make an exception for Hanifin, if he is willing to come (not betting on that)

Regardless this is an Andre Peake thread, and I think the difference between a potentially high quality 3rd pairing RHD in Peake and whatever flotsam and jetsam they could pick up for NHL minimum back there is a huge impact

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I took a look of some other RHD around Peeke's age and status, meaning other bottom pairing guys who can play spot 2nd pairing duty.

Connor Clifton - Age 27 / Salary 3.3

Zach Whitecloud - Age 26 / Salary 2.75

William Borgen - Age 26 / Salary 2.7

Dante Fabbro - Age 25 / Salary 2.5

There were some other too in the same salary bracket but they either didn't fit the age bracket I was looking for ( 25-28 ) or were playing top 4 or top 2 minutes.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
WTF is going on in Columbus? How is Peeke a regular healthy scratch on a bottom feeder team?

Tip of the hat to the Bruins pro scouts.

Their loss, our gain.

Just this season and I believe it's personal. He didn't get along with Pascal Vincent and vice versa. Has been playing heavy minutes previously.

Reactions: Gordoff

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Peeke has been solid. Zero complaints. Whatever went on with him in Columbus, sometimes guys just need a fresh start, and some players simply do better on winning teams. Not a needle shifter, as such, but a smart add.
This sums it up. I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop, as to why he couldn't cut it with Columbus, but it hasn't yet.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Peeke has been solid. Zero complaints. Whatever went on with him in Columbus, sometimes guys just need a fresh start, and some players simply do better on winning teams. Not a needle shifter, as such, but a smart add.
Bang on. Sometimes the argument that crappy teams make players crappier holds water, and this seems to be the case with Peeke. Happy about this pickup.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I remember certain people saying he sucked, and wasn't an upgrade over anyone. Seems like a fine fit to me. Imagine that.

It's almost as if players who play on dog shit teams could benefit from playing on a better team with a better system.

Last edited:

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I remember certain people saying he sucked, and wasn't an upgrade over anyone. Seems like a fine fit to me. Imagine that.

It's almost as if players who play on dog shit teams could benefit from playing on a better team with a better system.
People like to complain. I don’t value 3rd round draft picks as much as some posters do. I also don’t consider 2.75 mil as a horrible contract for a third line RHD that’s young and rugged. Even if he bombed I wouldn’t have cared.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
He was outstanding last night and has been for a while. He hasn’t hit his peak and won’t for another few years. I see a smart two-way D with top 4 potential if he continues to play consistent, strong, simple hockey. Ideally his partner is the puck mover, but Peeke is no slouch and has made several smart, simple plays under pressure at key times. That shows me he has a good brain for the game and appreciates the fundamentals.

Now, let’s see what Maroon can do.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
A 3rd rounder for a former 2nd round 26YO Dman that's obviously more comfortable here than in CBS. That's not an overpayment, nor is the 2.75M/yr based on what they're paying Forbort and Gryz.
The kid keeps getting better every game. Hell, Johnny Gaudreau is dying on the vine in CBS.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
He may the 4th, but he is a top 4 defenseman in this league. He going to be a fixture on the PK and end of games. He also constantly fights for the front of the net. That's more than i can say for 1/2 their D squad.
"Edit for what can be misunderstood as insanity. Peeke could be a top 4 defenseman on a lot of teams in this league. Not the 4th best overall."

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad