Player Discussion Andrew Peeke

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Decent debut, showed some nervous energy
blocked a few shots,was involved, moves well,keep him in
agreed, I tried to focus on his play in front of the net while in the D zone, blocked out well, actually laid the lumber nicely on Evans on one shift.

The epitome of a keep it simple D man, like you said, a bit of nervous energy initially but thought it was a solid debut

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
agreed, I tried to focus on his play in front of the net while in the D zone, blocked out well, actually laid the lumber nicely on Evans on one shift.

The epitome of a keep it simple D man, like you said, a bit of nervous energy initially but thought it was a solid debut
Lets give the kid a fair shot and give him time to get familiar with his teammates and hope the kid works out because we all know the alternative.........

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Peeke and Wotherspoon worked surprisingly well

Good partner for Peeke to start. Wotherspoon's game was/is very predictable, just makes smart, simple plays. Allowed Peeke to settle in and just play a simple game himself. Had a few "yips" with the puck at times but that will get smoothed out as he gets more used to the Bruins breakouts, where his teammates are, overall nervous energy, etc.

The fact he didn't look out of place his first game and it was in the boiling cauldron that is the Bell Centre which is still for my money one of the most intimidating environments to play.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Good partner for Peeke to start. Wotherspoon's game was/is very predictable, just makes smart, simple plays. Allowed Peeke to settle in and just play a simple game himself. Had a few "yips" with the puck at times but that will get smoothed out as he gets more used to the Bruins breakouts, where his teammates are, overall nervous energy, etc.

The fact he didn't look out of place his first game and it was in the boiling cauldron that is the Bell Centre which is still for my money one of the most intimidating environments to play.
You mean most intimidating to ref in

Reactions: BruinDust

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Lets give the kid a fair shot and give him time to get familiar with his teammates and hope the kid works out because we all know the alternative.........
did I say something that suggested I wasn`t giving him a shot? Thought my post was complimentary, keeps it simple, I liked his first game with the new team

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Peeke and Wotherspoon played protected minutes and did a good job. That's as far as I'll go on this guy until I see more......

Reactions: HustleB

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I was distracted last night during the game but love the reports today. I saw some of it but next time he plays will really be my first real look.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
i dont understand how, I thought it was a proven fact they would be a disaster
Yeah let’s take a victory lap over one game against Montreal.

They (and he) played well last night. Great to see. Not sure it’s enough yet to think we want to see that pair against Toronto or Florida.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Agreed.

Can’t be easy playing defense a situation where the refs can’t wait to call a penalty on your team.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
did I say something that suggested I wasn`t giving him a shot? Thought my post was complimentary, keeps it simple, I liked his first game with the new team
I did not mean too imply anything like that, you did not say anything negative, you posted what you thought you saw during the game, and hey I am sure there was some nervousness to the kids game...........

Reactions: ODAAT

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
One thing I liked about him last night was his head was on a swivel. Almost exaggerated head turns to see where everybody was. He did it often. For a defenseman coming into an entirely new system of play with very little practice time available, I thought that was smart.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I saw a lot of confidence (which was nearly recklessness) for a guy in a new system on a new team with a new partner. He didn't necessarily jump into the play offensively but he did pinch at the point fairly aggressively. He went for the loose pucks without hesitation at the offensive line, where other dmen might get caught in the "should I or should i play back" and get caught flat footed.

That sounds a lot like McQuaid's game to be honest when I write it out.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I liked his game overall. I was expecting a little more jam but it's only G1 for him here. Thought he moved well and his IQ in the Dzone was solid. If all goes according to plan, he and Wotherspoon should have the bottom pairing locked down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad