Andrew MacDonald appreciation thread

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Meh, Holmgren overpaid him, not his fault.

He was a good lockerroom guy, didn't complain about the flak he took, didn't protest when sent down to the AHL (a lot of guys would have made a stink about their bruised ego).

Was willing to block shots, etc.
Just wasn't talented enough to be worth that bad contract.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
*Walks into MacDonalds Hall of Accomplishments*

tenor-3.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
"Starfish"

Knew what time it was and the score was low
Hak leaned on his reliables with a 1 goal lead to blow
Coach Murph was layin' down some get it on snot 'n' balls, he said.
Then the loud crowd did seem to fade
Came back like a slow voice on a wave of heavy play
That weren't no D.J. that was Andy Mac taking a dive.

There's a starfish waiting on the ice
He'd like to leave his own end
But he thinks he'd blow our minds.
There's a starfish waiting on the ice
Coach told him not to blow it
And in the end he did just that.
Hak told me:
Let the children get benched
Let the children get scratched
Let the children watch Andy boogie.

giphy.gif

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Wow have a bit of respect, this board sometimes...

AMac was good in his first season here and was appreciated by the players in the locker room. Sure he was overpaid and he has regressed a lot, but why insult him when he's gone in a fake appreciation thread like this with a dumb video that you could make even with Lidstrom.

Reactions: achdumeingute

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018

AMac was good in his first season here and was appreciated by the players in the locker room. Sure he was overpaid and he has regressed a lot, but why insult him when he's gone in a fake appreciation thread like this with a dumb video that you could make even with Lidstrom.
Because he f***ing sucked, that's why

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I appreciate what Amac did for the Bronco kid. That was very classy. Also said a lot about him as a person when his Flyers teammates voted him as assistant captain

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
This thread is the equivalent of the wrist band debacle, but for the boards. Sure it’s justifiable, but damned if it isn’t tacky.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
He wasn't worth his contract, no questions there, but I don't think his play was as bad as everyone acted.
His bad play was always blown out of proportion because of his contract and his role. It's not his fault he got overpaid and was the only veteran defenseman left.
Unlike Manning he actually could've been a useful 3rd pair defenseman. But he joined this team at the worst possible time.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I reserve my spite for players who dog, show up out of shape, cherry pick to pad their stats, or otherwise put themselves ahead of the team. It's a business in the off season, but once you sign that contract, you should be playing for the team.

No one has ever suggested that AMac wasn't professional, hard working, willing to sacrifice his body, etc.

Heart is character, talent is genetics.

The team is better IF AMac is replaced by a better player (to be seen).
But the guy doesn't deserve to be trashed.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I didn’t boo him when his name was called. I often defended him as better than a couple others on the team who escaped mainstream criticism. He was always a good trooper, and I hope most people separate the man from the player. I think they do. I wasn’t even in favor of a buy out. Most criticisms weren’t even his fault but the team’s.

But he made almost $30 million to be incredibly mediocre. We should all be so lucky to have Internet plebs make tongue in cheek comments and post satirical gifs about our $30 million and mediocre play. He’ll live, Internet police! If you want to sit Shiva instead, have at it.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
But he made almost $30 million to be incredibly mediocre. We should all be so lucky to have Internet plebs make tongue in cheek comments and post satirical gifs about our $30 million and mediocre play when we get bought out. He’ll live, Internet police.

No doubt he was grossly overpaid, he should have received Schultz money.

But that isn't MacDonald's fault, not a single poster would turn down that contract in his shoes.

Blame the town dunce, who is our VP, God Help Us.

Reactions: achdumeingute

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
He wasn’t trolled by the internet. He was a human being who routinely heard 20,000 ppl boo him bc it became a meme. Yes he was not as good as his contract, and was pretty much a no. 7 who was overused during his tenure, but let’s not scoff off his treatment like it’s a couple ppl on the internet who said some mean things.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

Here you go. I hope it makes you feel better.

51h2kBqXP2L._SX425_.jpg

Reactions: Defect

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
He wasn't worth his contract, no questions there, but I don't think his play was as bad as everyone acted.

I guess we will find out if he can find another job in the NHL.

Think of all the other players we have recently let go that have ended up out of the NHL within an off season or two.

I guarantee there were people who defended them with your rational as well.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad