Speculation: Andrew Ladd's meeting with NYI today

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
at this point, it seems to be more about who will be most productive with JT. If KO is a better overall player than Ladd, that's fine, I won't argue that. however KO and JT never quite gelled so we need to try someone else. KO never worked, Vanek worked, maybe ladd will work too.

I disagree that this is about who is more productive with Tavares. Okposo has had good chemistry with both Tavares and Nielsen. Tavares had several very productive seasons with PAP.

Isles decided they were not meeting Okposo's contract demands. Staple said months ago that they would love to sign him for $5m per.Press had reported the new majority owners hoped to make a July 1st run at Stamkos.

Unfortunately for the isles, Stamkos will not even reach the ufa market and the media now reports 7-8 teams pursuing Okposo. A few had him as option B if they lost out on Stamkos. Others among those 7-8 teams had him as option A. Isles are left looking for top 6 scoring, to replace Okposo's 60+ pts.

If Okposo had accepted the isles lowball offer, they probably are not even pursuing Ladd.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I don't fully agree with the Okposo>Ladd thinking. They've both produced about the same GPG over the past 3 years, but Ladd has done it without top end centermen, is far superior defensively, at least equal in the corners and has winning pedigree behind him. Kyle is just younger and a known commodity. He's never had chemistry with JT and (this is my opinion) won't age as well as Ladd.

Once the wife sees Long Island and how beautiful it is that's all she wrote.

Especially on a day like today.... couldn't have picked a better time.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I don't fully agree with the Okposo>Ladd thinking. They've both produced about the same GPG over the past 3 years, but Ladd has done it without top end centermen, is far superior defensively, at least equal in the corners and has winning pedigree behind him. Kyle is just younger and a known commodity. He's never had chemistry with JT and (this is my opinion) won't age as well as Ladd.

Especially on a day like today.... couldn't have picked a better time.

Today is pretty gorgeous. I've heard that a lot of the players live in the North Hills area, they should show them around that area. Hit up Americana Shopping Center in Manhasset (pick up an IPad charger at the Apple Store as an excuse), have dinner at Morton's/Union/Peter Luger's in Great Neck. Briefly drive by Northwell and Roosevelt Field to show them how easy the commute is.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Today is pretty gorgeous. I've heard that a lot of the players live in the North Hills area, they should show them around that area. Hit up Americana Shopping Center in Manhasset (pick up an IPad charger at the Apple Store as an excuse), have dinner at Morton's/Union/Peter Luger's in Great Neck. Briefly drive by Northwell and Roosevelt Field to show them how easy the commute is.

I didn't realize how close Northwell is to the Hicksville train station. That station will by far have the most trains and there are some nice towns in that area (obviously not Hicksville). He really did pick a perfect day to come here, I'm sure his wife loved it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

Strangely enough though, Okposo's been a more productive player in the playoffs than Ladd has. Smaller sample size, obviously, but Okposo's got 15 points in 24 career playoff games. Ladd's only got 18 points in 64 games.

I was actually surprised about that. I'd always pictured Ladd as a playoff type guy, but in his team's two Cup runs (Carolina and Chicago) he had 5 points in 17 games for Carolina and 6 points in 19 games for Chicago. He also only scored 1 goal and 2 points in 7 games this year with Chicago.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Since I have been deleted,
Let's just send a big shout out to the Ladd family.
Welcome to the greatest sports city in the world !!!!

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
And they must complain about the commute. It's very difficult for the Islanders to commute to Brooklyn from Long Island, but the commute from Westchester to Manhattan is really easy for the Rangers.

As a Westchester resident, in the time it took me to write this post; I commuted to Times Square and back.

#EverythingBetterInRangerland
#AmiriteBrooksie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad