Speculation: Andrew Ladd's meeting with NYI today

Status
Not open for further replies.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I think his term and AAV could come in at less than Okposo's. I'd be very interested in Ladd as long as we are bringing in another top six winger as well.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Hopefully we get him at a decent price. I just hope he's not the main/only target for Garth.

We still need a trigger man that can snipe the puck.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
As a Jet fan, I'd be a little leery of giving Mr Ladd a long term deal at anything close to 6 million a year, he just seems like he's at that stage where he's gonna fall off a cliff soon. I dunno, just seems a bit slower now, perhaps he wasn't fully healed and now is but... I'd be leery of signing Ladd to a long term deal.

WhitePony

Mar 29, 2003
Visit site
He brings much needed size and leadership to the top 6. I'd also imagine before bringing him to the Island, they found out at least the price/term he's searching for, and its less than Okposo.

Hopefully they get it done, but someone like Eriksson is also sorely needed.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
He brings much needed size and leadership to the top 6. I'd also imagine before bringing him to the Island, they found out at least the price/term he's searching for, and its less than Okposo.

Hopefully they get it done, but someone like Eriksson is also sorely needed.

31178013.jpg

Group Chat Legend*

I feel as if Islanders could have had Hall for Hamonic alone or a small plus. Reports did say Chiarelli had better offers, maybe he liked Larsson more?

As for Ladd, just dont overpay. If you can have Ladd as 2c that is great depth

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I feel as if Islanders could have had Hall for Hamonic alone or a small plus. Reports did say Chiarelli had better offers, maybe he liked Larsson more?

As for Ladd, just dont overpay. If you can have Ladd as 2c that is great depth

According to Dreger, Hall was offered for Hamonic and it was turned down. It's not hard to imagine considering all the rumors and eventual trade for Larsson.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Ladd to Islanders

Ladd meeting with Garth Snow and friends on LI today. Could be a nice experienced addition to replace okposo, who never gelled well with JT

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
His playoff numbers are nothing to brag about. I know he's a high character guy (Isles Type) but I think it would be much wiser to purse Eriksson-->Backes-->Ladd in that order.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Okposo>Ladd.

I know Okposo will be more expensive, but I think he's better and he's younger.

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
According to Dreger, Hall was offered for Hamonic and it was turned down. It's not hard to imagine considering all the rumors and eventual trade for Larsson.

Just my thoughts on what might have happened. I could see when Hamonic was requesting a trade, Snow offering Hamonic for Hall. Chirelli asked for more and the deal was put on hold till after the season. After the season Hamonic rescinded his request and Snow moved on. Chirrelli unable to find a better offer returned to Snow with the Hall for Hamonic trade and Garth said no and that he was no longer interested in trading Hamonic but had other players. Not satisfied with the package without Hamonic he quickly grabbed Larsson.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Okposo>Ladd.

I know Okposo will be more expensive, but I think he's better and he's younger.

True but I guess that's where they stand, Okposo will get Bobby Ryan's contract, Isles will get a cheaper Ladd.

LW to JT is more important than RW IMO too.

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
Ladd seems to mesh the best with two-way centers like Little and Toews, so I'm not sure he'd be the best fit for the Isles. Then again, it's freaking Tavares. The guy is unreal at everything and would definitely make Ladd at least a bit better. And to be fair to Ladd he is no slouch. He spent the beginning of last season recovering from a hernia, then caught fire before getting shipped off to Chicago. And in the season prior he put up 60+ points.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
True but I guess that's where they stand, Okposo will get Bobby Ryan's contract, Isles will get a cheaper Ladd.

LW to JT is more important than RW IMO too.

at this point, it seems to be more about who will be most productive with JT. If KO is a better overall player than Ladd, that's fine, I won't argue that. however KO and JT never quite gelled so we need to try someone else. KO never worked, Vanek worked, maybe ladd will work too.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
If the Isles can get Ladd for less than Okposo that's not a bad situation.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
As a Penguins fan, I really hope they sign Ladd and let Okposo go. :)

I think a 6x6 is fair :)

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
In Ladds exit interview this past season he said that it wasn't all about money for him and that he was mainly looking for a good place to live for his wife and children and play for a team he sees contending for years.

No doubt LI is a draw for the fathers of the world....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad