Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I love how Andrew Gross simply says - "Lou believes he'll clear."

giphy.gif

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
People I think are overrating the odds they do something with Ladd and Seattle. At that point you’ve had the contract for 5 years so what would be the point in ditching it and giving up a 1st at that stage. Might as well just eat final 2 years. The Isles will be in too good a position in this expansion draft to really bother having to bribe Seattle

Reactions: Riseonfire

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Team is making big boy decisions. Your contracts don’t guarantee you **** anymore. Love it.

this was the first thought that hit me. Lou and Trotz want to ice the best team possible working with the cap. Had hoped for this move but wasn't sure they would actually do it. I am very sure the prior administration would not have. Now we have 13 forwards including Otto on the roster, with one spot left, Knuckles and Martin injured. Long way to go and other injuries may occur (or someone may force their way back up from the Bridge) but we may have more tough decisions ahead. Ladd down there makes perfect sense, he can mentor the kids, while seeing if there is anything left in the tank and not taking someone else's spot up here.

And do we call someone back up to fill the empty spot we currently have for 14th forward?

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
Wonder how long Ladd wants to ride the bus? He still has $12 million coming in the next three years. He already got his $4 million signing bonus this year.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
What's the name of Lou's cap guy? I've never heard boo about him since the day he was hired. Is he even still with the organization, or is he just the shadowy figure no one mentions?

Finnislander

Nov 3, 2017
I'd skateboard between AHL cities for 12 mil.
Would you skateboard for 4 years to earn 12mil. If you already had earned 50mil in your career?
And if you would. What about when your boss says he has a doctor who is fairly certain you dont have to skate or board anymore, and company would still pay you your 12mil to sit at home? o_O

Reactions: mm11

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Would you skateboard for 4 years to earn 12mil. If you already had earned 50mil in your career?
And if you would. What about when your boss says he has a doctor who is fairly certain you dont have to skate or board anymore, and company would still pay you your 12mil to sit at home? o_O

I'd refine my golf game and refine other skills with my wife.....

Reactions: Riseonfire

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
What is Ladd's cap hit if he is re-assigned to BPT? Do we still take a 4.5 hit for him to play in the minors?

Chances he is claimed are on par with someone trading for JHS...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad