Confirmed with Link: Andrew Desjardins resigns 2 years/800K AAV

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Chicago Blackhawks ‏@NHLBlackhawks 1m1 minute ago
Desjardins: It came down to how much we enjoyed the city, the organization. It was a great experience. That made it an easy decision for us.

ChemSteve

Jul 22, 2013
Washington, IL
Congrats Desi, with your voluntary paycut you just endeared yourself to millions of Hawks fans (and StanBo, too)!

Love the signing!

Here's my wish list for the near future:
1) move Bickell and his contract
2) sign Frogger
3) re-sign Oduya
4) if the cap allows, keep Sharp ??

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Congrats Desi, with your voluntary paycut you just endeared yourself to millions of Hawks fans (and StanBo, too)!

Love the signing!

Here's my wish list for the near future:
1) move Bickell and his contract
2) sign Frogger
3) re-sign Oduya
4) if the cap allows, keep Sharp ??

They would have to trade Sharp if they want to re-sign Oduya and Kruger

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Welcome back Desi! Honestly wasnt overly thrilled about that trade at the deadline, but I must say, his play won me. He fits in perfectly on the fourth line and with a cap hit under a mil how can you complain?

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
Really glad he resigned. I predicted he would get 1.3 but I was basing that off his playoff performance knowing Stan pays based on playoffs - see Bickell. Glad Stan learned his lesson.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Love Desi....excellent trade last season, was a key to our Cup win.

Great job Stan! :yo:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Terrible, awful signing. Stan could have got him for minimum salary at least. Now we have to watch a tweener every night in the lineup while talent like Danault, and Hartman waste away in the minors. Fire Bowman!

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
I have to disagree.

Saad will surely make 30+ mil on his deal. A few mil is a lot of money but not a game changer to someone guaranteed that kind of cash.

But take a 2 x 1 contract vs. a 2x.8 contract. That's four hundred grand to a guy not making a ton. That's the equivalent of his house, his kid's college etc.

It makes a huge difference to him.

I was getting ready to type this. Desjardins at 28 taking several hundred K less per year to stay when he's only making 800 K is a much bigger deicision than Saad taking a million less per year at 22 when he is already making 5 million per year. If Desjardins was offered let's say 1.2 M, he probably should have taken the money. In another 6-7 years, he'll be done.

Love the signing for the Hawks. Desjardins has gone way up my list of favorite Hawk players.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
He just had a baby child... this has played a role in his decision making process for sure added to Play for a winning Team.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Contract cheap enough to bury too.

I thought he was a downgrade from Smith, but he fit very well on the roster. He was a pleasant surprise and I'm happy he's getting a multi year deal.

I don't see a downside to this contract. Q seemed to like him too.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The real reason why Desjardins signed a cheap extension:

CJPhYuGWgAIm3Lh.jpg

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Terrible, awful signing. Stan could have got him for minimum salary at least. Now we have to watch a tweener every night in the lineup while talent like Danault, and Hartman waste away in the minors. Fire Bowman!

What a weak attempt of sarcasm!

Honestly I think the guy should have been given the 1.2, I feel bad taking that pay cut, while some guys are making tens of millions and can't take a million in discount to help the team. Gotta love DJ. Amazing player as well, not your average 4th liner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad