Confirmed with Link: Andrew Desjardins resigns 2 years/800K AAV

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Great signing.
Sure looks like he left some money on the table to stay. Gotta respect that.

I sure do respect that. This is a guy who never made big money (comparatively) and never will. Kane, Toews, Crawford. Not so much.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Mark Lazerus ‏@MarkLazerus 3m3 minutes ago
Andrew Desjardins' AAV is a mere $800,000. Per his agent, he "took far less to stay. Loves it there." #Blackhawks

Huh. I guess some players actually mean it when they say they're prepared to take less to stay with a team.

Cool.

scarchelli

Aug 19, 2014
Not that I'm defending him but saad making less than 5 mil vs over 6 mil is a big difference compared to 800k vs 1 mil.

Cyber

Dec 31, 2014
Not that I'm defending him but saad making less than 5 mil vs over 6 mil is a big difference compared to 800k vs 1 mil.

I have to disagree.

Saad will surely make 30+ mil on his deal. A few mil is a lot of money but not a game changer to someone guaranteed that kind of cash.

But take a 2 x 1 contract vs. a 2x.8 contract. That's four hundred grand to a guy not making a ton. That's the equivalent of his house, his kid's college etc.

It makes a huge difference to him.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
I have to disagree.

Saad will surely make 30+ mil on his deal. A few mil is a lot of money but not a game changer to someone guaranteed that kind of cash.

But take a 2 x 1 contract vs. a 2x.8 contract. That's four hundred grand to a guy not making a ton. That's the equivalent of his house, his kid's college etc.

It makes a huge difference to him.

Sure and maybe and prob was offered 1.4 range. That is a huge difference

G0AT

Jun 1, 2014
Chicago
Excellent deal. His work ethic and grit is a hard thing to find. He took a discount too.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Whoa, didn't think they would get Desi that cheap. Seems like another good character guy that fits like a glove on a team full of character.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad