Andrew Cogliano set to play his 800th consecutive game.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
My favorite non-Bolt in the league. I love this guy - he's not a perimeter or soft player, and to play 800 games at 100% like he plays?

He has a spot in my line-up any day. Such a good hockey player.

Canucks1096

Feb 13, 2016
The next few years he probably start declining. Maybe his streak will be broken by a healthy scratch.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007

You mean this?
He returned to that game, didn't miss a shift.

No, happened when he was in Edmonton.

Can't remember exactly what it was. Got cut real bad, needed a bunch of stitches, don't think he came back. But that's about as close as he's come to missing a game.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Cogs gives so much hustle and effort, 800 games in a row is incredible.

The guy is always the hardest worker on the ice, doesnt tke a shift off

Came to post pretty much this. It's not like he's not gritty, he's up in everyone's grill on the forecheck and he's not a huge dude, even though he's obviously in fantastic shape. That's what makes this more impressive. I'm a big fan.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Not trying to be cynical, but I've always found it fascinating that no ones tried to take him out, or even any freak accident has avoided him. Crazy. Hockey players have crazy stuff happen to them all the time, but not to him.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I watched A LOT of Ducks games in the last five years and he is one of the main reasons the Ducks have been able to sustain so much success over the years. He’s one of those depth players that you need to go on a deep cup run.

Also anothe example of the Botched development of the Oilers over the years.

StupidGenius

Apr 1, 2013
No, happened when he was in Edmonton.

Can't remember exactly what it was. Got cut real bad, needed a bunch of stitches, don't think he came back. But that's about as close as he's come to missing a game.

He got a series of nasty high sticks right around the time he scored OT winners in three straight games.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I remember a game where he got drilled and was limping back to the bench, puck came to him with an empty net, scored in stride and kept going to the bench. This is proof that strength does not equal toughness. He is probably not in the top 25% of the league in terms of physical strength (and that's probably being generous), but I don't know if there is a tougher player out there than Cogs.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He's actually very strong pound for pound. The guy knocks people off the puck with his body more than you would think

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
He's given us a couple scares over the years, but he just keeps going.

Cant believe it's already been 800. I remember watching his rookie season, thinking he was going to be a star. Obviously that never transpired, but he has turned out to be a solid depth guy that any team would love to have.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I coach kids, and ran into Cogs a few days after the Ducks were eliminated last year. Had the opportunity to ask him some questions to pass along some advice to the
kids I work with.
One takeaway, this was less than 5 days after elimination. I'll take a week off to recover a bit, and start my workouts for next year next week.....
Takes very seriously his responsibility to leave everything he can give on the ice

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Incredibly impressive for a guy that plays as fast as he does and has never been afraid to get to the high traffic areas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad