Recalled/Assigned: Andrew Campbell down, Bodnarchuk Down

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Campbell has about 20 career fights between juniors and AHL...averages about 2 per year. Let's see if he can play with some fire.

BTW, what happened Muzzin and his physicallity? He has been invisible in that regard.

TKFAN

Dec 3, 2006
New Hampshire
I'm just not going to expect anything from Campbell aside from taking up some minutes to help alleviate some ice time from the top three dmen. Doughty, Martinez and Voynov should all be logging plenty of minutes.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I've seen him play ever since he arrived in Manchester, he has improved a lot, but not enough in my mind at all to be an NHL defenseman.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Campbell has about 20 career fights between juniors and AHL...averages about 2 per year. Let's see if he can play with some fire.

BTW, what happened Muzzin and his physicallity? He has been invisible in that regard.

I'd imagine they're (or he?) just trying to keep him from going out of position--I remember him blowing people up his first few games in his last stint, but ending up in random places on the ice. he's not the most agile guy and has a pretty poor first step--if hes out of position, he's toast.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

He has never played Up to his size. Which is why, A lot of Manchester Watchers have been telling you guys(his size is overrated cause he doesn't use it).

Muzzin is a big Finesse player, Always has been.

Columbus has some big forwards, and they man handled Muzzin last night.

Kid did ok, but boy Columbus was licking their chops last night with him on the ice.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Didn't Muzzin win awards in juniors for the hardest hitter or something? A shame that he hasn't developed those tools.

TKFAN

Dec 3, 2006
New Hampshire
He has never played Up to his size. Which is why, A lot of Manchester Watchers have been telling you guys(his size is overrated cause he doesn't use it).

You are right on target. Campbell couldn't check someone if his life depended on it, always hear people saying why doesn't Campbell hit someone. Wish him well though.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
If its an emergency recall, would he still have to clear waivers to be demoted?

Campbell and Bodnarchuck cleared waivers at the start of the year. Meaning that until they play 10 games or spend 30 days on a pro roster they do not have to clear waivers again. Rotating them actually helps prevent either one from hitting that milestone.

Pucknut50

Jun 13, 2007

New nickname JMFM "MF" stands for p***y in the NHL.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
with all this happening today and the speculation. I'm surprised no one saw this from Sutter.

lisa dillman ‏@reallisa
Sutter:"we need muzzin, Martinez & Drewiske to be a helluva lot better players for us. Otherwise we're gonna look at other players"

coach looking to light a fire under their ass? or, coach being straight forward and honest?

discuss....

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Both. Sutter's likely trying to get them going, but he doesn't lie either. In his eyes, they haven't been very good.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Both.

If there is one thing Sutter is, He is Honest. He is not going to sugar coat anything.

He will look you in the eye, and tell you what he thinks. Players respect that.

Some players (other teams)have gone on record of not liking Sutter, but they also said, they respect him, and would play for him again.

I like the the fact that , the Kings are finally starting to see if they have anything in Manchester that is NHL worthy on D.

I have been skeptical since Slava/A-Mart/Hickey all promoted or gone.

Last edited:

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Muzzin is going to make rookie mistakes, but he has to learn from them.

Drewiske is Drewiske.

Martinez though, he's been all over the place. I think he's making a lot of bad passes, passes that he wasn't making last year, especially in the playoffs. That's been the case with the whole team, but because Martinez has had to play more than usual, he's kind of sticking out to me.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
with all this happening today and the speculation. I'm surprised no one saw this from Sutter.

lisa dillman ‏@reallisa
Sutter:"we need muzzin, Martinez & Drewiske to be a helluva lot better players for us. Otherwise we're gonna look at other players"

coach looking to light a fire under their ass? or, coach being straight forward and honest?

discuss....

That's one thing you should never have to question with Sutter.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Hmm. Well, apparently Campbell is already in Nashville. So, maybe Scuds is okay and they just want to give Campbell a shot as the 7th d-man. The Mayor's Manor speculates the move was likely made prior to the game verse Columbus.

Hahaha that was my tweet to The Mayor!!! Give me credit :yo:

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Didn't Muzzin win awards in juniors for the hardest hitter or something? A shame that he hasn't developed those tools.

Not that I remember. The only award he ever recieved that I can recall is the Max Kaminsky award for best defensemen in the OHL, and he won that in his 4th year of Juniors when he lead the Hounds in scoring with like 60 something points.

Last edited:
I honestly think Drewiske has played pretty well so far this season. You have to keep in mind that Drewiske and Muzzin are replacing two of our best defensive defensemen and most physical as well. The Kings are really lacking that physical element on the back end so far which I think is part of the reason they've looked sloppy in their own end at times. Muzzin has played like a rookie. He has been good at times and worse others. Martinez is kinda all over the place as well. I think he has been playing well offensively but his work in our own end has been spotty.

I remember a few years ago at Frozen Fury DL was sitting pretty close by and we walked up and said something to him during a stoppage and he had Andrew Cambell's name all over the papers in front of him.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I think I recall some posts in the past indicating Andrew Campbell has sort of been a pet project of DL's. He's always been fond of the kid, which is why I'm surprised he hasn't had a cup of coffee before now. But I guess that and the Hickey situation show DL doesn't pull favorite's or worry about how he looks, which is a good attribute.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
I wrote about AC being sent down earlier. Makes sense. Has to make him wonder where he fits. Wasn't ready after practicing with the big club.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Campbell will not be an NHL player until he figures out how to use that tremendous size.

Muzzin has the same problem. Slava is not a big guy(A-Mart isn't ether), but watch how they use their body's. Young big defenders need to watch those guys play.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Not NHL news, but Colton Yellow Horn the ECHL leading scorer for the Reign was called up to Manchester.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad