Recalled/Assigned: Andrew Campbell down, Bodnarchuk Down

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
It definitely means Scuderi is missing time. Damnit. This is when the Kings would love to have kept Hickey on their roster. Horrible, horrible.

HTK

Jul 10, 2004
Ughh.... This will be fun.

Sometimes playing kids helps a team. It can lessen the pressure on the team.

Or the 3rd pair could give up 4 goals a game and team falls to pieces.

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
I have always thought that Campbell was the logical call up with 2 of our stay-at-home guys hurt.

Could just be a logical move, or bad news for Scuderi.

Really am curious to see him play though.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Been looking forward to seeing Campbell at the NHL level for a little bit now. Don't look to be wowed or anything spectacular from him. He's progressed into a steady, solid Defensive D.

He went from a -31 in his first two pro seasons to a +37 in the following two and a third. He's made very good strides over the years.

Captain Mittens*

Here's your big chance Andrew.

Don't **** it up!

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Prepare to be nonplussed by Campbell. He won't be terrible but he won't be great either. He is a rookie so you have to view his play with that in mind but Campbell is a middle of the road Dman who tends to play a more stay at home game. If he were a better skater he would be a good prospect but he is average. When he is on his game he has an average hockey IQ. Average gap control and average reaction time. I do think he should be able to play the exact same game at the NHL level though without too much trouble.

Its his time for a call up though and why not give him his shot. Guard his minutes and play him with the best possible D that you can and he should do fine.

He isn't on par with Gravel but he should be able to play.

driller1

Dry Island Reject
Feb 4, 2010
If Scuds is out....

Over / Under on DD TOI 35:00
Over / Under on VV TOI 28:00
Over / Under on AM TOI 24:00

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I'm just not going to expect anything from Campbell aside from taking up some minutes to help alleviate some ice time from the top three dmen. Doughty, Martinez and Voynov should all be logging plenty of minutes.

I would guess that Martinez or Drewiske move up to play with Doughty. Considering that Drewiske's game is closer to that of Scuderi, it would make sense for him to move up. The question then remains, who do they pair Campbell with?

I think Muzzin and Voynov have experience playing together, so that could possibly be an option, and then they're left with Campbell and Martinez, with Campbell taking care of the defensive duties and Martinez being the puck mover on that pairing.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Doughty Martinez 30-35 minutes
Voynov Muzzin 15-20 minutes
Drewiske Campbell 10-15 minutes

Oh lord. At least every pair has somebody who has played 20 NHL games this way.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Campbell has a solid game. Nothing fancy, but solid. But ****! Hopefully Scurderi eye is just swelling and it's nothing long term. All 3 stay at home defenseman injured at the same time... :shakehead

I would move Drewiskie up with Doughty. Davis has been playing excellent and has the most similar game to Scurderi. In fact imo he's making a solid case to be Scurderi's eventual replacement. So, this could good chance to see how he fits in that role. I'd keep Martinez and Voynov together. And go with the kid paring of Campbell and Muzzin. Two rookies...Yes, but they've been teammates for a couple years now in Manchester. Hell, we won't have defenseman in our line-up who's played more the 4 seasons in the NHL!

However on 2nd thought. Muzzin and Voynov were a paring this season in Manchester....

Last edited:

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I just ran the numbers because **** microeconomics.

Our normal Defensive unit consists of 2235 games of NHL experience. If Scuderi is out we're rocking 641, and Doughty is half of that.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Hmm. Well, apparently Campbell is already in Nashville. So, maybe Scuds is okay and they just want to give Campbell a shot as the 7th d-man. The Mayor's Manor speculates the move was likely made prior to the game verse Columbus.

The Mayor John Hoven ‏@mayorNHL

"@azizk47 Can't be good news for Scuderi or Doughty, right?" Probably not linear, Campbell already in Nash. So, decision likely made b4 CBJ.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Maybe it's just precautionary, since they did send Bodnarchuk down. If Scuderi was obviously injured they could just emergency call up Campbell without sending anyone down. My guess is Scuderi is probably good to go, but if a setback happens they want a defensive d-man who can kill penalties ready, whereas Bodnarchuk is (as far as I understand it) more of a puck mover.

Just speculating. Good for Campbell though, he's been with the organization a while so it's nice to see him get rewarded.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Kings are definitely looking for more muscle on the back end, either from within or on the outside.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
the Tweet from the Soo, just in case people were wondering

Soo Greyhounds ‏@OHLHoundPower
#HoundPower alumni ANDREW CAMPBELL called up by @LAKings - http://say.ly/cCM57p4 - Campbell now the 4th Hound on LA roster! #HollywoodNorth

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
It definitely means Scuderi is missing time. Damnit. This is when the Kings would love to have kept Hickey on their roster. Horrible, horrible.

And I still don't get why they didn't. I remember telling another poster that a few weeks into the season when injuries hit, someone will be looking for a defenseman and we could have dealt him for a pick, even a late rounder. Didn't know the team that would be seeking a D-man would be us.

Funny, I thought that Hickey would be the replacement for Scuds too.

Oh well, I'm glad Campbell gets the call. I've been hoping to see him in a Kings uniform for a few years now. Seems like a less physical version of Sean O'Donnell to me from what I have read/heard.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
I'm guessing this is just to get Bodnarchuck some playing time in Manchester. Him sitting in the stands isn't doing his development any good.
They might swap these two back and forth until Willie gets back.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Maybe it's just precautionary, since they did send Bodnarchuk down. If Scuderi was obviously injured they could just emergency call up Campbell without sending anyone down. My guess is Scuderi is probably good to go, but if a setback happens they want a defensive d-man who can kill penalties ready, whereas Bodnarchuk is (as far as I understand it) more of a puck mover.

Just speculating. Good for Campbell though, he's been with the organization a while so it's nice to see him get rewarded.

If its an emergency recall, would he still have to clear waivers to be demoted?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad