Confirmed with Link: Andrej Meszaros to BOS for 2014 3rd round pick or... (determining factors in post #1)

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
No wonder there were only two trades at the deadline. Holmgren must have been trying to figure those conditions out the whole February

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Yeah that is a weird exchange there. I doubt it has anything to do with his relationship with Mez (though imagine if that was someone on the Flyers saying that about a new teammate...the Philly media would have a field about the rift in the locker room). He probably was just annoyed with the reporter and maybe a little offended because he was asking about the fact that he was Slovakian or something?

Jun 13, 2010
New Jersey
I don't know. To me, that comes off as either Chara doesn't like Mez or doesn't think he's a good player. Very poor way of handling that by Chara. Even if you don't think so, just lie and say he's a player that can help your team.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yeah that is a weird exchange there. I doubt it has anything to do with his relationship with Mez (though imagine if that was someone on the Flyers saying that about a new teammate...the Philly media would have a field about the rift in the locker room). He probably was just annoyed with the reporter and maybe a little offended because he was asking about the fact that he was Slovakian or something?

If this was in the Philly media it would be the great ****storm of our time, ending with them calling for Chara's trade :laugh:

Cardds*

Yeah to me it just seemed like he was annoyed by the reporter asking a bunch of dumb questions.

JustJim

Feb 20, 2012
Paignton,UK
Hockey reporters are an annoying bunch of jackasses, just ask Chris Pronger for his opinion of Tim P!
Chara is a Slovakian, their culture is different than ours is here in the US. That annoying question that every sports media person asks, "how does this make you feel?", is one of the most annoying questions ever asked?
By Chara's answer, "ask him", I think was honest. Chara then went on to elaborate that his team lost some vital players and that acquiring Mez would add depth.
How did they expect him to answer that? "Wow! I'm so excited that he'll be on my team now! I went out and bought some Slovokian beer and we got drunk together while chatting about our memories in the old world!"......gimme a break!
Chara should've told the reporters to **** off! Lol

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
JustJim;81275315[B said:
]Hockey reporters are an annoying bunch of jackasses, just ask Chris Pronger for his opinion of Tim P![/B]
Chara is a Slovakian, their culture is different than ours is here in the US. That annoying question that every sports media person asks, "how does this make you feel?", is one of the most annoying questions ever asked?
By Chara's answer, "ask him", I think was honest. Chara then went on to elaborate that his team lost some vital players and that acquiring Mez would add depth.
How did they expect him to answer that? "Wow! I'm so excited that he'll be on my team now! I went out and bought some Slovokian beer and we got drunk together while chatting about our memories in the old world!"......gimme a break!
Chara should've told the reporters to **** off! Lol

You and I are on the same page. Most of the new age reporters think they are auditioning for ESPN.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
You can only retain 50% of a contract, but yeah. We're under the cap, and won't go above it. Fine with me.

I knew you could trade a player and retain part of his salary, but I didn't know you could retain part of the cap hit as well. You can really do that? Sounds like it could lead to some fishy business going on.

Doors

Jan 13, 2014
Sweden
Old Mez just got an assist in his first Bruins game vs the Panthers. Shot from the blue line reflected in net by Söderberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad