Andrej Meszároš

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I don't think a D man could play a worse game than that.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Coaching staff is clearly rating their players based on past achievements.
Mesz, Timonen, Hartnell ... Coburn.

They used to be good so they gotta be good again, right? NO. doesn't look like that.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'm all for firing Berube for the simple fact that anyone who dresses Mez and Gill over Schenn and Gus is clearly not a smart individual.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I'm all for firing Berube for the simple fact that anyone who dresses Mez and Gill over Schenn and Gus is clearly not a smart individual.

That is really what scares me.

How can anyone who watches hockey (or even just looked at box scores) think that those two are better than Gus and Schenn.

I actually think Gill is being dragged down by Mez... yeh, Gill has not been great, but it is mainly due to his complete lack of movement, (which is really not what this team needs) his passes have been ok and he can PK... so at least some redeeming qualities and he does look like a #7 really.

Since that paring was put together the team has looked even worse.

3Fs

Sep 22, 2005
Western Pa.
I could not comprehend it if they were setting things up to fail so they could get a great pick in the draft next year since its in Philly.

Well like I said, if Mez plays Saturday...........

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If this D dresses for Sats game, it'll be a very ugly game. Edmonton will scorch these guys

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Mez is no longer an NHL caliber defenseman. His mobility was severly hampered by the back injury. He's now panicking anytime the puck comes to him because he knows that he can't simply skate himself out of trouble like he used to.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Berube's just showcasing him. His trade value is at an all time high now.

I highly doubt that. He's doing no one (Organization, or Himself) any favors with the way he's been playing. An often injured former 4-5 defensemen who can't play D or pass?

I'd say his trade value is rock bottom.

Hate to say it but your gonna be lucky to get a 3rd for him, Salary is an issue as well. I could honestly see us waving him before we get more then a 3rd.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Mez is no longer an NHL caliber defenseman. His mobility was severly hampered by the back injury. He's now panicking anytime the puck comes to him because he knows that he can't simply skate himself out of trouble like he used to.

That's not exactly true. There was one instance in the game where Meszaros got the puck in the Flyers' zone, skated it out with a nice move on a Devils forechecker, and put the puck on a forward's (yes, a Flyers forward) stick. I had a few seconds of, "Oh, yeah, that's why Holmgren picked this guy up." Then everything went into the toilet.

Meszaros did show some nice footwork around the net (unfortunately, his own). Maybe the Union would have some interest.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I highly doubt that. He's doing no one (Organization, or Himself) any favors with the way he's been playing. An often injured former 4-5 defensemen who can't play D or pass?

I'd say his trade value is rock bottom.

Hate to say it but your gonna be lucky to get a 3rd for him, Salary is an issue as well. I could honestly see us waving him before we get more then a 3rd.

I guess he needed the :sarcasm:

He wasn't being serious.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I dont understand what Luke Schenn did to deserve to be sat for 3 games while Meszaros still gets to play. I've never seen Luke play as terribly as Mez does on a consistent basis.

Our defense rankings:
Grossmann

Streit
Coburn
Timonen
Schenn
Gustafsson
Gill

Meszaros

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I dont understand what Luke Schenn did to deserve to be sat for 3 games while Meszaros still gets to play. I've never seen Luke play as terribly as Mez does on a consistent basis.

Our defense rankings:
Grossmann

Streit
Coburn
Timonen
Schenn
Gustafsson
Gill

Meszaros

Kinda funny how Coburn has actually had 3 straight good games. Mostly invisible, but it's for the best. But Mez has basically gone out of his way to single himself out as being awful. Last night proved that theory. I still have not found anything really wrong with Schenn this year, more so just invisible and just doing whatnot, but not being a dumbass. Gus is easily out best PMD, yet they won't play him...

Seriously Berube, PLEASE PLEASE send Mez down. If someone picks him up, who the **** cares?

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
That's not exactly true. There was one instance in the game where Meszaros got the puck in the Flyers' zone, skated it out with a nice move on a Devils forechecker, and put the puck on a forward's (yes, a Flyers forward) stick. I had a few seconds of, "Oh, yeah, that's why Holmgren picked this guy up." Then everything went into the toilet.

Meszaros did show some nice footwork around the net (unfortunately, his own). Maybe the Union would have some interest.

Skating the puck out of the zone one time when the other team is caught flat footed doesn't change the fact that his mobility is half of what it used to be. He constantly looks like he's laboring just to accelerate. That definitely plays into the reason why he handles the puck like a grenade. His decisions have to be done at a much quicker pace than he was used to pre-injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad