Player Discussion: Andrei Vasilevskiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
That blocker side is becoming a real problem. They’re tucking it right between his arm and his body on that side pretty much every goal.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
None of our stars have been really, we're in a finals where none of Kucherov, Hedman, Vasi, Stamkos or Point have been dominant.
Kucherov has been getting bodied and boxed out everywhere. No space on the PP.

Stamkos threw a punch and I have nothing noteworthy in my memory where I saw 91 do anything. 6 periods, nothing.

Hedman looks lost. Seriously. Shades of 2019 levels lost at times. Him and Cooper have bewildered I stepped in shit looks on their face.

Vasy has not had a team in front of him but some of these goals are probably being discussed with the team psychologist and a box of kleenex. It's been abuse man. I actually feel bad for him.

Point was never going to be the "He's back!!!" version everyone wanted. He gets a pass but he had two chances to shoot last night and he decided to dipsy doodle his way around too many sticks.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Okay lads, this is coming from an outsider. What you’re seeing may not be vintage Vasi, however this Avs team is a different breed of cat! Speed kills and the Avs have plenty. Vasi has been left hung out to dry in the first 2 games. He’s seen a lot of rubber the last 3 years but not the Panzer like transitions in this series! He’s not Tretiak but he’s still pretty damn good! As far as the blocker side nonsense, I been watching hockey for over 60 years, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalie who’s weak side wasn’t his blocker side! That is where most goals are scored on any tender. Makes sense doesn’t it? Wouldn’t you rather have a sniper shoot to your strong hand than your weak hand? I’m sure he’ll get better tonight but if you guys lose you’re you can’t lay it all at his feet. He’s still an elite goalie!!!

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Okay lads, this is coming from an outsider. What you’re seeing may not be vintage Vasi, however this Avs team is a different breed of cat! Speed kills and the Avs have plenty. Vasi has been left hung out to dry in the first 2 games. He’s seen a lot of rubber the last 3 years but not the Panzer like transitions in this series! He’s not Tretiak but he’s still pretty damn good! As far as the blocker side nonsense, I been watching hockey for over 60 years, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalie who’s weak side wasn’t his blocker side! That is where most goals are scored on any tender. Makes sense doesn’t it? Wouldn’t you rather have a sniper shoot to your strong hand than your weak hand? I’m sure he’ll get better tonight but if you guys lose you’re you can’t lay it all at his feet. He’s still an elite goalie!!!
I think statistically, most NHL goals are scored glove side, and then five hole.

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Anybody who even remotely thinks that this series results so far have been mostly because of Vasi need to quit watching hockey. Yes, he has let a few goals in that he normally stops, but the play of the rest of his team is embarrassing and telling. We look old and slow or the Avs are playing at a supersonic speed no one has seen in hockey before. Where are our highly paid stars, (Kuch, Stamkos, Point, Hedman) in this series. Nowhere to be found. Scoring some goals sure would take some pressure of Vasi and put some pressure on their D. Every scoring chance they get, they seem to put the puck in the net while we put it square in the center of Keumper's body. I think this series has shown how really slow we are (although Toronto did but not as badly as the Avs). It seems like the slowest player on the Avs is faster than half of our team. The Avs forecheck has been relentless and we constantly have our forwards caught in their end when they break out on odd man rushes.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Great news Andrei! You have been visited by Good Luck Tesla! Give HIMB a boop on his freckled snoot, rub his gigantic ass.

This is an old photo but is legitimately the family boii.

Gaze upon his "Shrek Eyes" and get those goals out of your system so you can throw shutouts form hereon out

Attachments

• IMG_20180311_225737.jpg
    IMG_20180311_225737.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Coopers Gum

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
The blocker stuff is definitely overblown. They made a big deal of it in the Rangers series, but in those 4 wins in a row we rolled off the Rags continued to keep testing his blocker thinking that it was freebie goals and he stopped them all.

Yeah I like how it was "high blocker" to just "blocker side" because they stopped going high, the Manson and Makar goals off the rush were identical but that's just a high percentage shot players want, above the pad under the blocker is where you want to aim anytime on those rushes. The Av's execution has been flawless though, their players are keyed in and finishing.

Reactions: Hoek

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Honestly, if we wanna turn this SCF around we need him to be very sharp for the reminder of this series.
Some encouraging signs this game, but still some good margin of improvement.

What's positive is that Vasy always plays better the more games passes during a series. Hopefully he's finding his groove back.

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Honestly, if we wanna turn this SCF around we need him to be very sharp for the reminder of this series.
Some encouraging signs this game, but still some good margin of improvement.

What's positive is that Vasy always plays better the more games passes during a series. Hopefully he's finding his groove back.
Kuemper is suspect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad