Player Discussion: Andrei Vasilevskiy - Part 2

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
....That sounds like he thinks the team was over-confident and thought they would roll Colorado. Which is surprising to me.
The team or Vasy? Vasy is on another planet when he zeros in on a series. If this takes Vasy to the next step? Watch the F out NHL..

Reactions: Zwui21 and PJ817

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Without McD, that's one less contributor to "look at the team in front of him."
Buy also worries me because the D really screwed over Vasy all playoffs with poor play. End of the day Vasy is paid to make the saves but defense and the team has to help them out.

Team failed vasy with lack of offense as well.

Seeing how pissed Vasy was after game 6 I think he finds the next gear next season and is out fir revenge

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa

Happy Birthday Andrei Vasilevskiy​

The Big Cat turned 28 today

And soon ready for 2022/23 season.
He needs 71 more regular season wins to get to 300 before the age of 30.
If he keeps up his regular pace he will be one of the fastest:

Fleury (29 years, 361 days) is the third-youngest goaltender in NHL history to record 300 wins behind only Brodeur (29, 223 days) and Sawchuck (29 years, 323 days).

Reactions: DaBolts

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

1. Andrei Vasilevskiy, Tampa Bay Lightning

Vasilevskiy, who has led the NHL or tied for the lead in wins each of the past five seasons, was 39-18-5 with a 2.49 GAA, .916 save percentage and two shutouts in 63 games last season. He won the Vezina Trophy in 2018-19 and has finished in the top five in voting in each of the past five seasons. Since 2015-16, the 28-year-old leads the NHL in wins (222) and is third in shutouts (27). Vasilevskiy helped the Lightning win the Stanley Cup in back-to-back seasons, playing every minute in the 2020 and 2021 playoffs. He was 16-7 with a 1.90 GAA, .937 save percentage and five shutouts in 23 games to win the Conn Smythe Trophy voted as playoff MVP in 2021.

"He's big (6-3, 225) he's flexible, he's quick, he is everything," Dubnyk said. "It is just crazy to watch. … It's insane and then you combine that with the fact that he is a big-game player. We talked about if you could pick one goalie you would ever want to have in a big game it would be him, unanimous. You combine that with his talent and that's why he is No. 1 every year, pretty much."

Last edited:
Reactions: DaBolts

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
Eric E says that Vasy could go down as the all time best. Lots of years to rack up the stats. I don't know if he can be that. Lots of greatness ahead of him but he will be one of the greats.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

Do you set any individual goals for yourself before a season or is it more about the team?

"Obviously, team because I won the Vezina in 2019 when we lost to Columbus in the first round, and believe me, a Vezina didn't really (pauses).

Didn't make you feel better?

"Exactly. Exactly. But the next year I didn't win any personal awards, but we won the Cup and it changed everything inside. Obviously, personal trophies, it's a great thing. Don't get me wrong. I'm really proud of it that I won [the Vezina Trophy as the best goalie in the NHL], but it's all about the Cups. It's all about the team. It's all about the Cups. It's the greatest feeling when the team wins and not just you."

I love this.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Bolts need more from him right no. We know he’s money in the playoffs but gotta get there. Need Vesna Vassy

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
He's one of the worst players on the team right now...clearly that needs to change.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad