Injury Report: Andrei Svechnikov (Upper Body)

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
If he's not healthy and trying to play through an injury and could make it worse then sure, but if he's recovered and healthy, there's no reason for him not to play.

I mean, he's coming off a major injury, looked less than great in the games he played because of that, and got another (apparently) major injury a month later. Even when he's recovered from this injury, he's still got to get back into game shape from his first one.

Depending on how long this one keeps him out, I could definitely see them saying "Hey, focus on getting 100%. We've got you for many, many years after. There will be other chances."

Reactions: Tryamw

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I mean, he's coming off a major injury, looked less than great in the games he played because of that,
Yes, guys who haven't played in a while after recovering from a major injury take time to get back to their normal level of play. He recovered and should play.
and got another (apparently) major injury a month later.
Totally unrelated to his prior injury. A cross-check to the ribs can happen to any player at any time.
Even when he's recovered from this injury, he's still got to get back into game shape from his first one.
Correct, the precise reason to not "shut him down". He needs games to get into game shape.
Depending on how long this one keeps him out, I could definitely see them saying "Hey, focus on getting 100%. We've got you for many, many years after. There will be other chances."

If he's healthy, the best thing for him is to play, not "sit out and wait til next year". No NHL player does that and teams/coaches don't do that. If he's not healthy / recovered, that's a different story and I could see something like that happening.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
If its broken ribs thats 2 months minimum.

Depends on severity, but yeah likely so. I cracked 2 of my ribs last year and recovery was quicker than that for me, but I'm not a high performance power forward. I would guess they give him enough time to make sure he can't injure it again.

Reactions: Tryamw

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
If its broken ribs thats 2 months minimum.
Derek Carr is playing with a few broken ribs... I don't see much reason to let a non-100% Svech play really but often times with broken ribs it's more a matter of pain tolerance than risk for re-injury or being truly unable to play. My bet is if we were in the Cup finals Svech would be playing tonight. But we don't know the specifics of his injury. I don't know where you're getting "2 months minimum" from

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Well I had an accident where they weren’t sure if I had a non displaced fracture or a really nasty bruise. Same amount of pain either way, I was told five weeks if it was a bruise and seven if it was broken.

Svech being a young fella I would guess at least three weeks, up to five.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Derek Carr is playing with a few broken ribs... I don't see much reason to let a non-100% Svech play really but often times with broken ribs it's more a matter of pain tolerance than risk for re-injury or being truly unable to play. My bet is if we were in the Cup finals Svech would be playing tonight. But we don't know the specifics of his injury. I don't know where you're getting "2 months minimum" from

Have you ever had a fractured rib? That shit hurts. I think the standard recovery is 4-6 weeks. That's what I was given when I broke mine. Pain was mostly gone after about a month but I still couldn't do certain things in the gym for probably another couple of weeks past the day to day pain.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
On the bright side, that's the first time I can remember we had a guy injured on a play that actually resulted in a penalty on the play...even a measly 2 min is more than the opponent usually gets for injuring our guys. So improvement!

BadgerCane58

Jul 10, 2023
Have you ever had a fractured rib? That shit hurts. I think the standard recovery is 4-6 weeks. That's what I was given when I broke mine. Pain was mostly gone after about a month but I still couldn't do certain things in the gym for probably another couple of weeks past the day to day pain.
Basic reaching….

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad