Andrei Markov

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
The way I see it, look at Montreal's placement in the league for power play before Markov's injury, look while he was out. Now look at the change it has been now that he is back. Night and Day!

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
The way I see it, look at Montreal's placement in the league for power play before Markov's injury, look while he was out. Now look at the change it has been now that he is back. Night and Day!

Getting to watch him play is great for the young defencemen on the team, too. He has a calming effect. Hopefully players like Weber, and even the ones down in Hamilton that will have their time eventually, watch and learn from one of the best (and most underrated) in the league. The General is back! Be excited, this is a nice hockey team with him on it.

Habcentric

Jan 24, 2013
Getting to watch him play is great for the young defencemen on the team, too. He has a calming effect. Hopefully players like Weber, and even the ones down in Hamilton that will have their time eventually, watch and learn from one of the best (and most underrated) in the league. The General is back! Be excited, this is a nice hockey team with him on it.

Absolutely. I love the addition of the young kids, but they need someone who can show them the ropes. The ins and outs that you can't learn without someone showing you how. If markov can leave just half of his vision with your youngsters then he is leaving us with more than the points he puts up on the board.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
I said it before and I'll say it again. Markov is as important to the Habs as Lidstrom was to the Wings.

Very well said. Habs fans are wise to this. It's the rest of the NHL and the other fan bases who are blinded by jealously/dislike of this team that aren't aware of it. Which is fine. They can see for themselves come playoff time.

1UP

Oct 2, 2007
Québec

The one I can see benefiting the most would be Diaz. He's not a physical specimen like Subban is. His game is seeing the game well and taking the right decision. Markov might be playing on one good leg, as long as both his eyes are fine, he's going to stay awesome.

Anyhow, so far, on the PP, it's going well. It's also quite surprising to see Markov being the one fed, and not Markov feeding the other D goals!

I really missed seeing him play.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I think the fact he's still effective despite losing some of his speed goes to show he will probably be effective in the league even when he passes 35.

JHabs61

Jan 9, 2011
Haven't seen Markov play much, as I only started watching and caring about hockey during Montreal's run to the ECF. But seeimg him play now that hes fully healthy --- he's a monster!

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
So much skill, so much finesse. He sees the game in slow motion. Not just O zone. ALL around the ice. All I have to hope for is his continued health, cuz there is nothing more I could ask for from him. (And am a well documented fan of the Markov deal even through his injuries - could not be happier for him.)

79 is back baby!

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Passed Brisebois tonight for 5th all time for most points by Habs d's
But in 250 games less. Brisebois took 896 games, Andrei took 638 games. Next is Savard. Andrei needs 69 points in 279 games...
Thanks for telling us that!
I said it before and I'll say it again. Markov is as important to the Habs as Lidstrom was to the Wings.
No. But very near. There is something similar about Markov and Lidstrom. Obviously Markov never had to play with a team like the Wings.
Isn't it obvious he's finished?
Of course. I still like Markov at 5.75 as a UFA...

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
All Habs (Canadiens) ‏@All_Habs

Therrien on Markov:"He controls the game really well. He competes so hard. He's tough to play against. He's doing a good job on the PP."

HatTricK09

Jun 23, 2012
So glad for him, he must be so happy with how things are going right now after the past 2 years.
I hope he can keep playing good like this and stay healthy for the rest of his career

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Markov is a joy to watch when he's on his game. He's so smooth out there and his passing is so good. He's one of those players that can make tough plays look effortless. If he didn't run into injury trouble he would have contended for a Norris the last few years.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I think the fact he's still effective despite losing some of his speed goes to show he will probably be effective in the league even when he passes 35.

His number one strength is his mind, so there's no reason a healthy Markov can't play well into his late 30's. Of course people have reason to continue to doubt his durability, but it's far from unheard of to come back from two ACL surgeries, and besides that any recent injury he has had has been minor or a fluke (the skate cut). The big question is of course the knees, but he's logged heavy minutes since finally coming back at the end of last season and has already taken a few hits without exploded - who knows what will happen long term but those things aren't quite made of glass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad