Andrei Markov

e46330ivs*

It might not be taught, but it sure as hell can be learned and incorporated. Anticipation comes with the habit of repetition. Just how far this anticipation can be incorporated depends on the capacities, readiness and willingness to adapt of the individual, and the individual's environment, whether we're talking about the right situations that can develop this trait or the social support to facilitate awareness and readiness.

The ol "it can't be taught" is just fallacious outdated grandfather philosophy. Neurological research clearly shows that the brain adapts to life experiences well into old age (neuroplasticity).

Of course, there are wide varying degrees depending on total life experiences and genetic predispositions, but we're talking about a kid who at 21-23 can anticipate, on defense, some of the best players in the world. I don't see how he couldn't reach a level similar to Markov when it comes to anticipation on offense, or at least a relatively close level of anticipation.

I dont disagree with what you said, but NHL hockey is not the NFL with x's and o's I dont think a player can adapt to have the vision the anticipation the instincts of a Markov or Karlsson type of player. You can practice and improve slap/wrist shot, skating but decision/anticipation whatever you call it is neurological like you said and I dont even know what the heck Im talking about but hope you get where Im coming from, you are right though it is silly for me to say it cant be taught, it is old school mentality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->