Friedman: Andrei Markov to the KHL - Habs refused 1 year deal

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Prefix should probably be changed to "news".

From what I saw of both players last year (~25 games from Markov, ~60-70 from Alzner), I honestly believe that Markov brought more to the table than Alzner did. Can't help but worry about Montreal's ability to move the puck.

tiredman

Nov 10, 2003
seems weird/stupid to make a tweet like that.

I hope for Bergevin that Streit has a good season and stays healthy.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Can't imagine he'll retire, he was lights out last year. Disappointing that he's not going back to Montreal, but it is what it is.

I hope he goes somewhere with a legitimate shot at the Cup and wins one. Then they hang his jersey in the Bell Centre.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I Wonder if this isn't retirement or Olympics related.
I mean, players usually don't call pressers because they DON'T sign with a team.

At least not before their "signing" is announced somewhere else.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I Wonder if this isn't retirement or Olympics related.
I mean, players usually don't call pressers because they DON'T sign with a team.

At least not before their "signing" is announced somewhere else.

Hopefully it's Russia. Couldn't stomach seeing him play in another NHL jersey.

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I hope he goes somewhere with a legitimate shot at the Cup and wins one. Then they hang his jersey in the Bell Centre.

Do you think this will happen for players like Markov and Koivu? Honestly curious, as they obviously don't meet the standard set by the current Canadiens number retirements, but it's a different era.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Prefix should probably be changed to "news".

From what I saw of both players last year (~25 games from Markov, ~60-70 from Alzner), I honestly believe that Markov brought more to the table than Alzner did. Can't help but worry about Montreal's ability to move the puck.

There's no doubt in my mind Markov was the better d-man last season.

This is a chance for a good team to potentially make them closer to contenders if they get Markov on a 1-2 yr deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad